2018 Ram 3500 Expedition Family Adventure Vehicle

Kingsize24

Thanks, I was looking at the 29" to give a little more head room. How far does the tooper sit back from the cab?

I would say approximately 3" or so. It looks just about right to allow bed to cab flex yet not look like there is a hideous gap. The front of the topper actually tilts forward and follows the contour of the truck cab all the way up.

20181231_101046.jpg

Explorerinil

Observer
That will work, I always run mine up into the engine compartment. I’ve never seen that arb set up, looks great. Just remember if you want to ever remove the topper, make the fitting easy to remove.

Kingsize24

I thought about the engine compartment as well, but there is SO much stuff run to under there, I figured this was high and out of the way. It may not be where I put it, but it is at the top of the list for a few ideas.

I like this kit because it uses the same filters as the compressor, so no need in buying something different. Good thinking on making it easy to remove. I may add some quick connect fittings to it where the hoses attach.

That will work, I always run mine up into the engine compartment. I’ve never seen that arb set up, looks great. Just remember if you want to ever remove the topper, make the fitting easy to remove.

There are a few Australian companies that make breather manifolds for trucks. I originally looked at the ARB but never went any further. I think most guys use 3/8 fuel line with barbs to splice into the factory breather hose.

Don't forget the breathers on top of the transfer case and transmission. The guys in PWR have done write-ups on breather extensions.

Kingsize24

Yea... That was the original plan. I believe I mentioned it when I posted above. There are 4 port inlets to this breather, front diff, rear diff, and transmission/transfer case.

I actually looked at a few manifolds before this, but came to buy this because of it using the same filters as the compressor. The filters will keep basic dirt and debris from entering the breather lines without being overly complicated. This kit comes with all the fittings as you describe to tap into the existing vent tubes.

I will check out the PWR write ups. Thank you for passing along that information.

There are a few Australian companies that make breather manifolds for trucks. I originally looked at the ARB but never went any further. I think most guys use 3/8 fuel line with barbs to splice into the factory breather hose.

Don't forget the breathers on top of the transfer case and transmission. The guys in PWR have done write-ups on breather extensions.

Thanks for that link. I wasn't even thinking of the fuel tank at all. I'll have to route that to another location, or get a second breather kit, especially if I end up adding a second fuel tank.

Those are gas trucks in those posts, diesel trucks don't have Evap systems. The breather on the diesel tank is plumbed into the top of the filler neck.

Kingsize24

Correct! But it wasn't even on the mind at all. Was just out looking at it. I think it can be seperated just below where the diesel filler neck and DEF filler come up to the bed side. I think I will use another breather on the opposite side of the topper. One for the current fuel tank, and future expansion if another tank is added.

Those are gas trucks in those posts, diesel trucks don't have Evap systems. The breather on the diesel tank is plumbed into the top of the filler neck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles