2018 Ram Megacab Swiss Army Knife Build with trailer

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Last week when we were out in the sand dunes, I was finally able to try out my ARB Tred Pros. I think they work alright, but the shovel feature, is kind of dumb, I'd rather just use a real shovel. A real shovel worked a lot better and took less time to dig our the rear tires. I definitely think the traction boards work good. But I think if you really want to be able to get free, having 4 of them is the key. I didn't bury it too bad, but just enough to see if we could get free with them. We were just starting to get get bogged when I stopped to see if they would help get us out.

This was filmed at the Little Sahara Sand Dunes, in Utah.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Just did a quick overnight trip. We converted our garbage hauling military trailer for double duty. Now its an overlanding / garbage trailer. LOL

Anyway went out for an overnight to try it out and see how the Smittybilt RTT does. And I'll have to say not bad. I've had a Tepui before this and I think I like the Smittybilt a bit better. Wife was happy to sleep in it, instead of on the ground in a tent.

I'd post pictures, but they are always too big to upload. But here is a video I put together so show one of the roads we were one and some of the mining in the area.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
So I'm converting my old dump trailer, its an M116A2 military trailer. Decommissioned. I bought it to haul garbage to the dump originally and wanted to build an overlanding trailer eventually out of it. I don't see the point of spending $20K on one of the fancy ones. While they look really cool and probably function really awesome. I have 33ft Bumper Pull if I'm going to live in luxury anyway. So the point of this is to just get out of town for a couple days when I don't want to get the beast out of the backyard and fill it up with water and food, and then fight idiots in traffic who swerve in-front of a large truck with a huge trailer and then slam on the brakes.

Anyway, this is going to be a series of videos, here is the first one if you want to watch it. Thanks

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Got the rack all welded up of the weekend. Added some cross bars and installed a new trailer jack. Tossed the old crappy harbor freight jack in the trash. Working on another video. Still waiting on lights and some other parts.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Alright, I got Part 3 done. The boring stuff is finished, now onto the wiring, and major modes to finish this up. So far, I'm staying on budget.

I need some ideas for storage, tool boxes or drawers. What do you think would be good? I can't seem to find anything, and I'm not a carpenter. I actually hate working with wood, but I'd be willing to take some suggestions!

Here's the newest video.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Finally wrapping up the off-road trailer build. And pay attention for future videos, we took it out and tested it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior