2019 Conqueror UEV-490 Extreme Platinum Edition-Like New (Sold!)

I purchased this incredible South African offroad camper in November 2019 and picked it up at Conqueror North America in Bellefontaine, Ohio on January 20, 2020. I have used it for one camping trip from February 28 to March 15 of this year. I'm a 71-year-old solo, non-smoking camper. The Conqueror served me well in Big Bend National Park, Big Bend Ranch State Park, and in New Mexico and Arizona. Unfortunately, my fear of getting sick with Covid-19 while alone in remote areas cut my trip short. Given my age, I have decided to self-isolate and won't travel again until the Coronavirus is under control and an effective vaccine is widely available and adopted by most of our population. I'm convinced that I may not be able to resume my explorations until perhaps as late as 2022. So, I've decided to sell the Conqueror rather than continue to pay for storage and insurance. The 490 is located in Iowa City, Iowa. Asking price is $56,000. This is almost $9,000 less than the replacement cost of the 490 as equipped.

The 490 is like new. After March 15, it has been in a storage unit. I paid $62,654 for the 490. Conqueror North America discounted the camper by not charging $350 for the water heater or $1300 for the propane furnace because I gave him a check for $61,000 when I ordered the 490 in November. After the purchase, I spent $666 on a custom luxury gel foam mattress with a custom RV mattress encasement from Mattress Insider in Colorado. This is hinged like the original mattress so it stows like the one that came with the 490. It's extremely comfortable, unlike the horrible mattress that came with the Conqueror. Because I sleep on the dinette conversion bed when I only stop for the night en route to a destination, I also purchased a 2" thick custom luxury gel foam topper that I unroll and put on top of the original cushions for that bed. That sleeping area is now as comfortable as the main bed. I spent $447 on that topper. Finally, I spent $93 for a 300 thread count custom fitted sheet for the odd-shaped mattress. It fits both the main bed and the dinette bed. It fits better than the fitted sheet from Conqueror now that my mattresses are thicker than what came with the camper. Also included in the sale are the NEMO privacy enclosure and shower discussed below that I purchased for $400.

This camper is equipped for extended off-grid exploration. It has two solar panels on the roof with a combined 245 watts and two 100 amp-hour lithium batteries. It also has an Andersen plug that allows you to get a significant charge while hooked up to the tow vehicle. Plenty of water capacity, a large pantry and a spacious fridge/freezer make it easy to be off-grid for weeks at a time.

This Platinum Edition had a base price of $53,850 (the Platinum Edition is a $1,800 option). It has the following options:

Two 100 Amp-hour Lithium batteries
245 watts of solar on the roof
Forced air propane heater
On-demand propane hot water
Bundatec 360 degree awning
DVD/CD/MP3/SD FM Radio with Bluetooth
Rockford Fosgate Upgraded Sound System with Amp and Subwoofer
Two 12v interior fans
Two 20# Steel Propane Tanks.
33"Cooper ST Max LT285/75/16 Tire upgrade (including the spare)
Dometic Portable 5-gallon toilet
Invertor Upgrade to 2000 watts

Details of the UEV-490

Suspension, chassis and brakes:

7,700 lb stub axle with Bilstein heavy-duty shocks with independent suspension, coil springs, and torsion bar
Hot-dip galvanized ladder chassis
Electric 12″ brakes
Max Coupler Off-road coupling
LED rear tail lights
Marker Lamps
Adjustable Stabilizers, to stabilize unit when leveled

Wheels/tires:

Alloy wheels clad with Cooper All-terrain tires
Full-size spare has wheel bracket serving as extra stub axle

Sleeping arrangments:

2 sleeping areas inside the trailer
Front: bow tent with flysheet and fold-out double bed (1.8m length)
Inside camper is a fixed 2m x 2m sleeping area. This area is multi-functional— it can be a large bed or a dinette with table and bench seats.
When the driver's side awning room is set up, you could also have additional room for sleeping outside the trailer in the awning room.
Conqueror Branded Bed linen, fitted sheets, covers, pillow and pillowcases are included— these have never been used and are in separate bags
There are two 12v interior fans to make sleeping more comfortable in warm weather

Electrical/water:

Neutron 12 Intelligent Power Management system
Two 100 Amp-hour lithium batteries.
To charge the batteries, there are Solar panels on the roof: 245 watts. The solar charger is included in the Neutron power management system. It also includes charging capability when plugged into shore power. In addition, you can also charge from your tow vehicle (this is controlled by the same Neutron power management system). To do this you will need to have a large gauge wire coming from the tow vehicle, which connects to the trailer via an Anderson plug.
There are two Hella plugs (one on each side of the trailer) where you can plug in the included portable LED lights with 3m extension and Hella adaptor.
There are also LED lights mounted to the trailer on each side. There are three LED lights inside the trailer as well. Both the external mounted lights and internal lights can be either white or amber in color.
Anderson plug with 16mm wire connected to batteries for a vehicle or solar charging
130-liter water capacity (~34 gallons)

Kitchen/cooking:

There is a rather large awning room which can be deployed on the driver's side of the trailer.
There is an aluminum camping table stored inside the trailer and can be used in the large driver side awning room.
The slide-out section has a Dometic Stainless steel 2 burner stove as well as the 85L Stainless steel SnoMaster Fridge/freezer. At the end of this is a sink area with 2 removable plastic bins. The faucet has hot and cold water (there is a 12-volt water pump)
There are both cutlery and crockery drawers with included cutlery and crockery
The fridge is an 85L Stainless steel Snomaster Traveler series fridge/freezer with removable baskets and separate areas for the fridge and freezer. There is an included remote so you can monitor status from your tow vehicle
There are pouches on the door which allow for additional storage. There is also a fold-down storage area which can store items such as bottles of wine.
The pantry is on the driver's side towards the rear. As mentioned, this is accessible from inside the trailer or outside. It has a fold-down shelf as well.

Awning room on the passenger side of trailer:

There is a smaller awning room on the passenger side of the trailer. This side has slightly different walls as well as a divider wall that will allow you to use the external shower on that side of the trailer. This is also an ideal spot for a portable toilet.

Other exterior features
Wood rack
Jerry can holders and Military spec Jerry cans (yellow)
Two Entrance doors with fold-out steps
Aluminum Stone Protection
Rally tent & side panels included with 3 windows and door (all with mosquito netting)

Other interior features
Carpet on floor
Roof insulation

Storage
Propane tank storage bin with room for two 20 lb propane tanks. Includes tie-down for securing the tanks
Aluminum nose box with access doors on each side of the trailer. The continuous hot water heater (Propane) is mounted on the passenger side door of this nose box
Two rear external storage compartments
Lots of storage areas inside the trailer. These have zippers on the sides and velcro at the top.
The pantry is accessible from outside the trailer in the kitchen area but can also be accessed from the interior of the trailer

Other conveniences
Gas struts for roof lifting
Mountings for hatchet and spade (both are included)
Eyelets for fastening of cargo to lashing rails
Mudflaps
2 mesh-like groundsheets - these are awesome. Let dirt filter through. Both are still in the bags and haven't been used.
Mosquito netting in windows and separate mosquito netting is included to go over the two doors to the trailer.
Interior pressurizing blower, creating positive air into unit reducing the risk of dust leaking in while driving

Bathroom:

There is a large slide-out sink on the passenger side of the camper with hot and cold water.
The is also an outside shower on that side.
To simplify my set-up, I purchased a NEMO Heliopolis Privacy Shelter and Shower Tent for $250 that sets up in a few minutes. I use it for the Dometic portable toilet and to shower in. I also purchased a NEMO Helio LX pressure shower for $150 that I fill with hot water using the Conqueror's outdoor shower. I'll include these in the sale.

Attachments

• 292E6CB2-E091-4314-8754-868C01F2A559.jpeg
    292E6CB2-E091-4314-8754-868C01F2A559.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 995
  • D5F1FA44-2E8F-4AB2-B241-AAF276D627A8.jpeg
    D5F1FA44-2E8F-4AB2-B241-AAF276D627A8.jpeg
    510.3 KB · Views: 1,006
  • FullSizeRender 2.jpeg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 981
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,011
  • IMG_0081.jpeg
    IMG_0081.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2,109
  • IMG_2163.jpeg
    IMG_2163.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 996
  • IMG_2164.jpeg
    IMG_2164.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 979
  • IMG_2166.jpeg
    IMG_2166.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,044
  • Conqueror Invoice.pdf
    52.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2069.jpeg
    IMG_2069.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 1,037
Last edited:
Fully enclosed annex on each side. The one on the kitchen side is larger. I’d say one person could comfortably sleep on the bathroom side and two on the kitchen side.

Don’t imagine financing this is a very simple task?
I don’t know but I assume financing is possible. I paid cash for the two campers I‘ve owned. If you have a banking relationship, that would be a place to start. I think I was probably in the minority when I bought it for cash. I’m quite a bit older than most Conqueror owners.

Checked with David Bates, the owner of Conqueror North America. He has a relationship with U.S. Bank and may be able to help you finance. What’s your level of interest? Where are you located? Just received a request to see the 490 from someone who saw the ad on Facebook Maretplace.

I have the info on a banker at US Bank who has financed Conquerors. Don’t want to post her info on a public forum. If you give me an email address or mobile number, I can email or text the information to you.

boonedog

I’m all the way out in CA, I’ll look into financing and sell it to whoever comes up with the cash first! Thanks again

The banker David recommended is in Los Angeles. So, send me your email or mobile number and I’ll give you her contact info

No air conditioning. I've talked to David Bates at Conqueror North America and he can no longer source an air conditioner for the 490.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles