2023 Ford Raptor- Continuation

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Google seems to think raptor wheels are a +34. I dunno though

Looks like GEN1 and GEN2 wheels are different. I thought they were the same, as its not uncommon for GEN1 guys to use some of the GEN2 wheels on their trucks.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
I just went and looked and my raptor rims are +34 and my stock rims are +44. So apparently the -10 difference and the wider raptor tires combined makes it a no go for me.

So bizarre! My fuel's are either a +20 or a +1, so they should be even harder to fit. I'm stumped.

ITTOG

So bizarre! My fuel's are either a +20 or a +1, so they should be even harder to fit. I'm stumped.

Now that I see your post that makes sense. The closer to 0 you are, the more centered the wheel mounting surface is. Thus, you are pushing the wheel further out, not in. Which means the inside of your rim is further away from the frame, knuckle, etc. Of course this is true only if based on comparing two rims of the same width.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Now that I see your post that makes sense. The closer to 0 you are, the more centered the wheel mounting surface is. Thus, you are pushing the wheel further out, not in. Which means the inside of your rim is further away from the frame, knuckle, etc. Of course this is true only if based on comparing two rims of the same width.

That should actually hurt fitment, because the farther out the wheels are, the wider the arc that they swing is.

ITTOG

That should actually hurt fitment, because the farther out the wheels are, the wider the arc that they swing is.
It depends where you are rubbing. Mine was the inside. With 1" spacers I think I would have been fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I'm currently running Duratracs on my truck now but they are coming up for replacement.

While I was googling Falken Wildpeaks, I noticed you had them on your previous truck as it popped up when I googled "Falken Wildpeak 275/70/18 on f150" to get an idea of how they'd look.

Would you buy them again? I.m happy with my Duratracs but not opposed to trying something else.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
I'm currently running Duratracs on my truck now but they are coming up for replacement.

While I was googling Falken Wildpeaks, I noticed you had them on your previous truck as it popped up when I googled "Falken Wildpeak 275/70/18 on f150" to get an idea of how they'd look.

Would you buy them again? I.m happy with my Duratracs but not opposed to trying something else.

It depends on the application, they wore like Iron, nice and quiet, great on hardpack snow and ice, however they did not work for me as I need deep snow/mud performance as well, and they were lackluster. Not the tires fault, it's just not designed for it. Not much void space. I gave them to my sister and she still has them on her truck to this day and loves them (doesn't leave paved roads, but is on snow all winter) I ran DuraTracs after that, but they sucked on hardpack and ice, so i'm back to BFG KO2's. Best all around tire money can by for my needs. In my opinion they're 95% as good in deep snow and mud as the DuraTracs, and 10x better on hardpack snow and ice. Full depth siping as well.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
It depends on the application, they wore like Iron, nice and quiet, great on hardpack snow and ice, however they did not work for me as I need deep snow/mud performance as well, and they were lackluster. Not the tires fault, it's just not designed for it. Not much void space. I gave them to my sister and she still has them on her truck to this day and loves them (doesn't leave paved roads, but is on snow all winter) I ran DuraTracs after that, but they sucked on hardpack and ice, so i'm back to BFG KO2's. Best all around tire money can by for my needs. In my opinion they're 95% as good in deep snow and mud as the DuraTracs, and 10x better on hardpack snow and ice. Full depth siping as well.
Good to know. Thank you for the review. And it looks like KO2's are all weather rated too.

I've got 115,000 kms / 71,000 miles on my DuraTracs now so, they've held up pretty good. Hoping the next set will last as long.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I love me some BFG KO(2)s but I've been super happy with them, and Ive had them on pretty much every vehicle that could take them (they don't work on an RX8) but if you're looking at Falken or Toyo I would say give the X3s a look. They were great on snow, they are amazing in dirt and mud, they're relatively quiet for an "aggressive" all terrain (basically mud tire). I have about 35k on them and I really like them.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
I love me some BFG KO(2)s but I've been super happy with them, and Ive had them on pretty much every vehicle that could take them (they don't work on an RX8) but if you're looking at Falken or Toyo I would say give the X3s a look. They were great on snow, they are amazing in dirt and mud, they're relatively quiet for an "aggressive" all terrain (basically mud tire). I have about 35k on them and I really like them.

I love em as well. When these wear out i'll try something else just for fun, but i'll probably end up dumping them shortly and going back to old faithful KO2's. lol.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Will do. I don't have a tread depth gauge. So I guess a Canadian quarter will have to do?

Truck had 35,000 kms on it when I bought it (tires were on it when I bought it) and I'm at 151,000 kms now.
Whoa. Post a pic of the tread depth if you can!
71k is crazy good, figured they are only good for half that.
IMG_4182.JPG

I know they are due to be replaced. Thinking in about a month. Just trying to decide what I want. Based on how these tires held up, I'm kinda leaning toward them again.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Well this is seriously disappointing, I tried to order my new truck today, and realized I screwed up my dates. Final build out was a couple days ago. Damnit. Not sure what to do now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles