2019 F350 4x4 custom HPI flatbed/AT Atlas topper

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Just weld a sheet of al to smooth out under the porch. Like a skid plate. Although a wheelie bar would be a good laugh.

4.30's almost always are thick cut gears. You'll use a 4.10 and down carrier. They say 4.10 and down, and 4.56 and up, because somewhere out there, some poor bastard has thin cut 4.30's. Let your axle guy figure it out. The Yukon zip locker is a nice air locker as well.

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Just weld a sheet of al to smooth out under the porch. Like a skid plate. Although a wheelie bar would be a good laugh.

4.30's almost always are thick cut gears. You'll use a 4.10 and down carrier. They say 4.10 and down, and 4.56 and up, because somewhere out there, some poor bastard has thin cut 4.30's. Let your axle guy figure it out. The Yukon zip locker is a nice air locker as well.

Wheelie bar wheels was my thought, this way they act as a buffer between terrain and bottom of the porch(or porch's skidplate). If no wheels, then porch or skidplate is damaged. Wheels are lower cost to replace.

Thx much, their thought so far was that 4.56+ won't work, going to look at 4.10- further...
I haven't researched the Yukon zip, will investigate thx.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Just got off the phone with Alum-line about my flatbed/tunnel box setup...he's going to talk to shop foreman about my spare tire patio idea, unsure if they can make the deck that long AND have a rear winch/hitch.
He was praising the fact that I have a chassis-cab vs pickup bed delete though. Frame rails flat, and on the Ford the c-c frame rails are inset towards the centerline more, so I'll be able to run 14-15" deep under-bed storage boxes! He says the RAM c-c frame rails are much wider out, so can't have as deep of storage.

The plan of attack is to have them build the flatbed/tunnel box/under-bed storage, ship out to me. Then once I have the FWC in hand, I'll have my ace fabricator here make the pass-thru openings in the front and rear vertical walls of the tunnel box as needed (if Alum-line tried to do this without truck/FWC in hand, while they're pros, Alum-line said their experience has taught them that stuff doesn't always line up 100% perfect. So it's best to have all pieces in hand and design that way).

Good people over at Alum-line.

Ninelitetrip

Subscribed.

This build closely matches what I would like to do. 2020 F350 XLT DRW 7.3 gas, convert to SuperSingle, Carli suspension, Alum-Line bed, leaning towards an Artic Fox 865 though.

I considered the Chassis Cab but one drawback I felt is the engines are derated for commercial service.

If you like the instrument cluster from the Lariat package try this guy for a new bigger display cluster.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Just got off the phone with Alum-line about my flatbed/tunnel box setup...he's going to talk to shop foreman about my spare tire patio idea, unsure if they can make the deck that long AND have a rear winch/hitch.
He was praising the fact that I have a chassis-cab vs pickup bed delete though. Frame rails flat, and on the Ford the c-c frame rails are inset towards the centerline more, so I'll be able to run 14-15" deep under-bed storage boxes! He says the RAM c-c frame rails are much wider out, so can't have as deep of storage.

I would talk to someone else because he's giving you bogus info! :)

All of the big 3 chassis cab frame rails are 34" on center, industry standard

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
I like the look of the Joe Hauler, but going off pavement certainly looks like a challenge.

I've been a Joe-Haul customer/user for 20+ years.

The best in the business, located about 30 mins from me. Their "Cam-Lock" variant is the one you want and the cats meow! I had my old 1200GSA on the damn thing and it was rock solid.

Joe is a rad human and fellow racer, and always customizing stuff for folks. He could, and has, make high clearance ones and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior