2019 F350 4x4 custom HPI flatbed/AT Atlas topper

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
There are ways to combat the rats. I use fluid film under the 4Runner and a side benefit besides no rust is that rodents don't like it.

Just don't put poison out, for if they ingest it and then crawl into the nether regions of your rig to die, it can stink for awhile. Use traps if anything.
I've heard that some dog hair inside a panty hose, put where rodents might be, will deter them. Have yet to try this though.

Wallygator

Adventurer
Just don't put poison out, for if they ingest it and then crawl into the nether regions of your rig to die, it can stink for awhile. Use traps if anything.
I've heard that some dog hair inside a panty hose, put where rodents might be, will deter them. Have yet to try this though.

I have also heard moth balls in a few places stuffed around the engine works

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
My garage is filled with mothballs. They come in perforated plastic bags now. Seems to work good in there.

Truck stays outside. I'm going to get the fluid film kit and go to town. Thanks for that idea. Will try zip tying some under the hood.

Waiting for the harness squirrels to return for more target practice. Seems that I've scared them off pretty well.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Cool Thread.

I gave Brian(Goose Gear) a call regarding the 50Ten camper. His truck is not a chassis cab. The rear appears to be boxed using 2 C channels(edited). The 50Ten is attached directly to the frame. There is no 3 point pivot or other means to allow for twist. He has added custom Deaver Springs to the rear of the truck giving him 16” of travel. Hopefully this sheds some light on how that truck was built. Looking forward to seeing how the OP’s truck turns out.

Thanks

Justin

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Cool Thread.

I gave Brian(Goose Gear) a call regarding the 50Ten camper. His truck is not a chassis cab. The rear is not boxed but a C channel. The 50Ten is attached directly to the frame. There is no 3 point pivot or other means to allow for twist. He has added custom Deaver Springs to the rear of the truck giving him 16” of travel. Hopefully this sheds some light on how that truck was built. Looking forward to seeing how the OP’s truck turns out.

Thanks

Justin

Thanks for checking it out Justin.

Thanks also for this info! (He just responded to my DM; fixed points). I'm glad to hear there's no rear pivot mount. just fixed-mounted as I was expecting based on pricepoint. A bit odd, based on my factory Ford info here (https://expeditionportal.com/forum/...tom-flatbed-camper.212318/page-6#post-2733455) about his being a pickup, yet it's not boxed but instead c-channel. I didn't look underneath it at OvEx West AZ to check.

Last edited:

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Thanks for checking it out Justin.

Thanks also for this info! (He just responded to my DM; fixed points). I'm glad to hear there's no rear pivot mount. just fixed-mounted as I was expecting based on pricepoint. A bit odd, based on my factory Ford info here (https://expeditionportal.com/forum/...tom-flatbed-camper.212318/page-6#post-2733455) about his being a pickup, yet it's not boxed but instead c-channel. I didn't look underneath it at OvEx West AZ to check.

Whoops, your findings are correct. On the phone Brian explained the frame as being 2 C channels. These C channels create the super strong frame that appears to look like a box. I managed to find this photo that shows the rear of the Goose Gear truck. 1B1E44C5-D3FA-4787-A4E0-CD2AAA403262.jpeg

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Whoops, your findings are correct. On the phone Brian explained the frame as being 2 C channels. These C channels create the super strong frame that appears to look like a box. I managed to find this photo that shows the rear of the Goose Gear truck. View attachment 564030

Thx!
Brian said he's still loving the Carli/Deaver susp, and Deaver nailed the rear leaf packs.

rruff

Explorer
Whoops, your findings are correct. On the phone Brian explained the frame as being 2 C channels. These C channels create the super strong frame that appears to look like a box.

Each rail is two C channels welded together to make a box?

java

Expedition Leader
Don't know how I missed this one! Following along.

FWIW Mine is a 450 and the frame is channel. My box is pretty damn stiff and keeps it from flexing all that much it seems. I have about 2" between the cab over and cab, and have not crunched yet.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Don't know how I missed this one! Following along.

FWIW Mine is a 450 and the frame is channel. My box is pretty damn stiff and keeps it from flexing all that much it seems. I have about 2" between the cab over and cab, and have not crunched yet.

Welcome to the party Java!
What year is yours? Chassis-cab I assume, since ITB built the box?

java

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the party Java!
What year is yours? Chassis-cab I assume, since ITB built the box?

It's an 08, and no it started life as a dually pickup.

The floor of the box is 2x2.5 1/8 wall steel on 2' centers. It's pretty stiff.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
It's an 08, and no it started life as a dually pickup.

The floor of the box is 2x2.5 1/8 wall steel on 2' centers. It's pretty stiff.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Steel? How long is your cabin again?
How much does your rig weigh (dry or wet)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles