2019 F350 6.2L 4WD build thread; HPI flatbed, ATO AterraXL composite camper, Carli/King, 37s, 4.88s, etc

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Due to an Icemageddon event, it's as cold as a witch's youknowwhat out here, even the tires are getting nipply and the spider webs are frozen solid. :LOL:

Camper is temporarily outside at the moment, Truma set to 50degF, and it's nice and toasty inside compared to 17degF outside. I'm happy about that.

Working on a few details/upgrades (more to come later) I'm not so happy about.

But back to happier things...my new custom Inhabit(Chilewich) floorcovering just arrived, and after I put a lot of effort into perfecting the template (it's not a square), their production team nailed the end result! It's in their new Gravel (pretty fitting!) color. SUCH a huge improvement over the puzzle piece gym mat that came in the Aterra, completely transformed the space IMHO, and even better is that the floorcovering is still thin enough that I can place it over the gym floor, so I retain extra cushion, and yet I can still open the hanging closet door.

Ice5.jpg

Ice1.jpg

Ice4.jpg

Ice2.jpg

Ice3.jpg

OldGymFloor.jpg

NewInFloor.jpg

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Due to an Icemageddon event, it's as cold as a witch's youknowwhat out here, even the tires are getting nipply and the spider webs are frozen solid. :LOL:

Camper is temporarily outside at the moment, Truma set to 50degF, and it's nice and toasty inside compared to 17degF outside. I'm happy about that.

Working on a few details/upgrades (more to come later) I'm not so happy about.

But back to happier things...my new custom Inhabit(Chilewich) floorcovering just arrived, and after I put a lot of effort into perfecting the template (it's not a square), their production team nailed the end result! It's in their new Gravel (pretty fitting!) color. SUCH a huge improvement over the puzzle piece gym mat that came in the Aterra, completely transformed the space IMHO, and even better is that the floorcovering is still thin enough that I can place it over the gym floor, so I retain extra cushion, and yet I can still open the hanging closet door.

View attachment 752786

View attachment 752787

View attachment 752789

View attachment 752788

View attachment 752790

View attachment 752791

View attachment 752792

#nicesquare

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Technique Vehicle Outfitters in Bend, Oregon hit another home run with my steps/stairs adapter.

In trying to come up with a way to enter the camper, and also allow pups to enter the 2nd row of the truck cab, I searched and searched for foldable stairs, ramps, etc. Not much available for this height! OEV has some nice foldable stairs but they’re ~$1500 IIRC and typically hang on the back of their camper; I wanted the stairs to be stored inside my rig somewhere. I found Little Giant had some 4step stairs that were just a bit shorter in length than the width of my truck cab, and they were just a tad wider than the under-dog-platform storage area height I have of 16.5”. With some ingenuity, TVO modded the LG stairs to get them just about 16.3”W, so now the wedge under the dog platform when we’re in transit.

And then TVO built this trick stairs adapter which has 2 height positions for the stairs to attach to it; top for the camper, bottom for pups. It mounts to truck or camper via 2 locating pins; they drop thru the top of the holes already in the dog platform, and then drop thru 2 holes drilled in the side profile of the HPI flatbed.

All I need to source now is an 11” bottom step(have some ideas) and we’re golden!
Custom fab for the win!! ?

PS--ace powdercoating in Cardinal BK62 (to match HPI flatbed) by Aaron and crew at Commercial Powdercoating!

Stairs1.jpg

Stairs2.jpg

Stairs3.jpg

Stairs4.jpg

Stairs5.jpg

Stairs6.jpg

Stairs7.jpg

Last edited:

Ninelitetrip

Nice adaptation of the Little Giant steps. I've seen others do this as well, with leg extensions at the bottom. Add another adaptor to the flatbed and perhaps could hang a table along the bed like the Norweld table.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Nice adaptation of the Little Giant steps. I've seen others do this as well, with leg extensions at the bottom. Add another adaptor to the flatbed and perhaps could hang a table along the bed like the Norweld table.

Any cold intrusion into the cabin?

Thx. Leg extensions at the bottom would be sweet, but I need 11", which is a lot of extension and still have the LG stairs fit under the dog platform. After some searching, I'm going with this bottom step, and will have TVO add ~2-3" more extension to the 4 legs (retains 4 height adjustments since I don't park on flat terrain);

Great idea on the side table. However, currently wrapped up in the blue moving blanket(nicer solution to come vs the blanket), aft of the dog platform, is my stainless FrontRunner camp table. I'll post soon about the custom bracket to hold it between dog platform and folded-up 2nd row seat. But this is my table for outdoor food prep, games and shenanigans, etc.

Cold intrusion into the cabin; not when the Truma has propane! ;) I don't notice any drafts or significant cold, even in 16degF, when the Truma is on with temp set to 50degF+. It's no OEV thick walled cabin, but it seems to handle the cold pretty well so far.

Ninelitetrip

Thx. Leg extensions at the bottom would be sweet, but I need 11", which is a lot of extension and still have the LG stairs fit under the dog platform. After some searching, I'm going with this bottom step, and will have TVO add ~2-3" more extension to the 4 legs (retains 4 height adjustments since I don't park on flat terrain);

Great idea on the side table. However, currently wrapped up in the blue moving blanket(nicer solution to come vs the blanket), aft of the dog platform, is my stainless FrontRunner camp table. I'll post soon about the custom bracket to hold it between dog platform and folded-up 2nd row seat. But this is my table for outdoor food prep, games and shenanigans, etc.

Cold intrusion into the cabin; not when the Truma has propane! ;) I don't notice any drafts or significant cold, even in 16degF, when the Truma is on with temp set to 50degF+. It's no OEV thick walled cabin, but it seems to handle the cold pretty well so far.

I can't remember where I saw the extensions, I believe they could be removed.

HowardH

Adventurer
I used LG steps on my previous camper from OEV, they worked well. I like your solution a lot, especially the storage location. Unfortunately, that will not work on my setup. Hanging off the rear is fine.

I would not worry to much about the need for an extra step/entensions step. Always nice to have a walk off matt etc anyway, and the extra step can help hold it in place.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Well they look nice. Crew Cab length only I think?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m16450fsorb

So far for OEM stuff, you removed that's the bed, wheels and tires, headlights, and running boards?

I can't remember where I saw the extensions, I believe they could be removed.

CrewCab (ie SuperCrew, QuadCab, 4door, etc) only. Fit '17-22 F-Super Duty CrewCab, also '15-22 F150 CrewCab.
A good price from Summit, however depending on how far you are from Summit, I bet pallet shipping (too heavy/long for UPS/FedEx) will cost $300 easy.

So far I've removed; chrome front bumper, chrome rear bumper, bed/BLIS taillights, 18" chrome wheels (NO, I didn't want to buy a chrome pkg truck but it seems most all the Lariat's are this way), headlights, chrome running boards/steps. I sold everything save for the headlights and trying to sell steps now.

Well you're no help! :LOL: LMK if you happen to find them in the next few days, thx mucho.

I used LG steps on my previous camper from OEV, they worked well. I like your solution a lot, especially the storage location. Unfortunately, that will not work on my setup. Hanging off the rear is fine.

I would not worry to much about the need for an extra step/entensions step. Always nice to have a walk off matt etc anyway, and the extra step can help hold it in place.

Thx. You can indeed hangs yours off the rear of your OEV BaseCamp.
In order for my LG stair steps to be horizontal to the ground, and not have the entire stair assembly fall back down towards the camper, I need to add an 11"H bottom step. This will have adjustable feet for added flexibility. I can add a actual mat at the base of this bottom step if I want, but I don't foresee doing that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94