*** Off the Market *** 2019 GX460 Overland Dream Build, 23k miles, $77,000 (Richmond, VA)

ovlnd_v1

2019 GX460 Overland Dream Build, 23k miles, $77,000 (Richmond, VA)

Those who know this rig from the GX enthusiast world may be shocked that I’m putting it up for sale. I’m a little shocked also, but my wife and I have been doing a ton of talking the last several months about what we really want out of this “Overland” thing and is the GX filling that role? Those discussions keep taking us in the direction of doing a Four Wheel Camper flatbed build as our main rig instead of the GX, so that is where we are headed if we can find a new home for the GX.

Focusing on the GX460, there is no newer more built GX460 in the US right now that I am aware of, let alone for sale. It has a well-documented history with an initial build overview (), follow up build overview (), various adventures on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_fnuvK2ETfztp4FClsChgA), as well as having been a display vehicle at Overland West in 2019. I also have an Instagram account with plenty of pictures of it (overland_v1.0). It even had a mention in Gear Junkie as one of the top drool worthy vehicles on display at Overland West 2019 (https://gearjunkie.com/roundup/off-road-vehicles-overland-expo-2019/2019+Lexus+GX460). It has been a dedicated overland rig up to this point in life and not daily driven. When it is not out on an adventure it sits in a garage on a battery tender. You may be asking yourself how a dedicated overland rig ended up with 23,000 miles on it over the course of a bit over a year given it wasn’t daily driven. It had 13k miles put on it right out of the gate being driven up to the Arctic Circle and then back down through the west on it’s way back to VA. It’s been on a couple of local adventures, back and forth to PA (Main Line Overland) for additional Mods, and was out west again from VA and back a few weeks ago which all added up to the 23K miles.

Who built this rig?

The build was completed by Main Line Overland at their West Chester, PA location by their experienced team, and would make a fantastic turnkey rig that is ready to start adventuring the day you pick it up.

What is the condition of this rig?

I think the best way to put it is we’ve used the rig for what we bought it for, but we’ve not abused it. There are no dents in it, but it does have a few brush marks here and there from a few tight overgrown trails it has been on. It also has a couple of tiny paint chips here and there from normal driving just like any vehicle. All the factory recommended services have been completed at the proper intervals. I just put 4 brand new BFG K02’s on it at 17K miles so they still have plenty of life in them. Generally speaking I keep the rig clean between it’s adventures and when it is not being driven it is garage kept. I have a great detail/cleaning business that comes to my home every 3 weeks to clean rigs as needed and the GX has been part of that rotation since it has been in the family. Additionally I just had them do a full detail inside and out so it can be clean as new when the new owner takes possession of it.

Are there any outstanding loans on the rig?

No. I bought the GX new off the lot of our local Lexus dealer back at the end of December 2019. I did finance the purchase for 36 months, but I accelerated the payments and the last payment was received by the bank on 6/5/2020. I have confirmed with the bank the lien was released and the title is actively inbound to me. I should have it in hand any day now according to the bank. All of the mods were paid for as they occurred and there was never any financing involved on that end of the build. Basically there won’t be any hold up on my end or having to shuffle funds to put the title in the hands of the new owner.

What is the build list for this rig and how much did it cost to build?

2019 Lexus GX460 Premium
$57,214.00​
ICON Suspension System (Stage 7)
$5,427.87​
ICON Suspension Hydraulic Bump Stops
$698.17​
Evo Course Dakar Zero 17X8 (Qty 5)
$1,649.95​
BFG 285/75/17 LR:E (Qty 5)
$1,225.00​
ARB Summit Bar for Prado 150
$1,817.00​
ARB FFR FOG LIGHT KIT
$88.00​
Fog Light Cover Kit
$40.00​
Come Up Winch Seal Gen2 12.5rs
$1,279.95​
Factor 55 ProLink
$149.00​
Prado rocker molding
$760.00​
MLO Rock Sliders
$1,139.99​
Metal Tech Lexus GX460 Lancer Rear Swing Out Bumper Stage 3
$2,999.95​
Baja Designs LP9 LED Light CLEAR,
DRIVING/COMBO
$1,079.90​
LP9, Harness, 2-light max, Pro
$94.95​
RCI Skid Plates, Aluminum, Raw
$970.00​
Nitro Gear Package Kit 4.88
$1,445.40​
HARROP ELOCKER (QTY 2, Front and Rear)
$2,628.00​
ARB ON-BOARD TWIN AIR Compressor
$545.00​
Twin Compressor Bracket
$85.00​
Front Runner SLIMLINE II ROOF RACK
$1,253.00​
SPOD BANTAM W/ TOUCHSCREEN
$845.00​
Redarc BCDC1240D
$515.10​
Auxiliary Battery Tray
$229.00​
Odyssey YellowTop D34 (QTY 2)
$553.98​
Front Runner Drawer Kit
$1,479.00​
Alu cab fridge slide
$479.00​
Go Power! GP-ISW2000-12 Industrial Pure Sine Wave Inverter
$639.99​
Blue Sea 1045 12/24V Dual Usb Charger (QTY 3)
$50.97​
Dobinson GX460 Snorkel
$250.00​
Dometic CFX50
$899.99​
LRA Aux Tank (33 gal)
$1,895.00​
James Baroud Explorer
$3,999.95​
James Baroud Side Awning - 79" x 102"
$450.95​
James Baroud Tablet Holder
$64.99​
Front Runner Stainless Camp Table Kit
$495.00​
Front Runner Wind Fairing
$180.00​
WeatherTech FloorLiner (1st and 2nd row)
$179.90​
Professional Labor Performed By Main Line Overland
$17,585.00​
Total
$113,382.95

I guess that is about it. If you have any questions feel free ask here if you think everyone may benefit from hearing the answer, or private message me. If you are a serious buyer I’m also happy to Facetime so we can discuss and see the rig in real time before you come to see it in person. I’m located just outside of Richmond, VA. A local buyer would be great, but I’m also happy to pick you up at the airport, train station, etc. if you travel from out of state to purchase it.

Thx for looking - Rob

Attachments

• GX460_2.jpg
    GX460_2.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 1,611
  • GX460_1.jpg
    GX460_1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,846

ovlnd_v1

Edit: Someone pointed out to me that I said I purchased it new in December 2019. That was a type-o. While it is a 2019 model year GX460, I purchased it new in December 2018 not 2019.

What a fantastic and thoughtful build. I just reluctantly sold my 2015 XO 4Runner as well. After 90 days living in it last year, I felt I needed something with more room. I loved every minute of it, but can relate to the thought process you've probably gone through to move to a FWC.

GLWS!

ovlnd_v1

What a fantastic and thoughtful build. I just reluctantly sold my 2015 XO 4Runner as well. After 90 days living in it last year, I felt I needed something with more room. I loved every minute of it, but can relate to the thought process you've probably gone through to move to a FWC.

GLWS!

Thank you! I considered a 4Runner to do this build on, but having the 4.6L makes a huge difference. If the 4Runner was still offered with a V8 that is more than likely the direction we would have taken it. Some tradeoffs going with a larger FWC going forward for sure. Won't be able to take it as deep into the trails depending on specifics of course, but I think we will appreciate more room for the trade off. Especially as I'm staring at 50 right around the corner.

ovlnd_v1

What is the highway range with the auxiliary fuel tank?

Sorry for the late reply and I know we are already chatting on the side but for anyone else who wants to know....the main tank is 23 gal with the aux adding another 33 gal for a total of 56 gal. When the GX is loaded out for a trip I'm getting between 13-14 mpg depending on how hard I'm pushing it. 65-70 mph not much issue seeing that 13-14 range. Across some of those western states trying to do 80+ mph in the cross winds it drops off a couple of mpg. But based on 13 mpg X 56 gals it should see 700 miles+ before needing fuel again.

ovlnd_v1

Perhaps I missed it, but what you are using for onboard water? Did you build a shower / rinse system?

No Onboard Water other than jerry can. The metal tech swing out has room for up to 3 cans. Prior to having the LRA installed I was running gas cans, but now that the LRA is in you can carry water instead. Up to 15 gals if you want to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles