Marn's 2019 JLU - Boring Build

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Well, ordered the ROAM yesterday, they ended up being a few hunnert less than the LOD, but they are backordered for about a month. Will post up when I get them installed.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Well, went topless for the first time in 11 years this weekend. Sold my TJ in 2008, finally have the opportunity to do it again! The wife doesnt care for convertibles and was a little apprehensive at first, but she enjoyed it.

topless.jpg

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Also started working on a tool kit for this, and other vehicles. I decided I wanted something "cheap enough to not care" about, but also "quality enough to not worry about". After searching various tool kits and options, I landed on the standard line of Pittsburgh tools at HF. Not what I would use for every day, but they are better quality than the super cheap almost generic kits they sell at HF too. I picked up a fairly comprehensive mechanics tool kit, as well as an inexpensive tool roll from amazon, and got it all together.

I still have a list of items I will be adding to the kit, but this is the start and so far i'm liking the way its working out.

kit1.jpeg

kit2.jpeg

kit3.jpeg

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
I put new tires on the trailer last week, the 2013 made NDT's were getting cracked, so I upgraded to some radials. I kept the better NDT as a spare since the radials are nearly the same size.

We loaded up the trailer and headed out to Berlin-Ichthyosaur state park for a quick little weekend trip. Beautiful weather, great views, cool stuff to explore. Overall a good weekend!

berlin1.jpgberlin2.jpgberlin3.jpgberlin5.jpgberlin6.jpgberlin45.jpg

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
After getting home from the trip, I dove into the ROAM steps which showed up last week. I got each step wired up. The LED's they come with only have a pigtail at each light. I wired all 4 together, and ran a weatherproof connector, so each step is ready to mount to the jeep. At that point, I'll wire in the necessary bits on the jeep, and can simply plug the steps in.

roamlight.jpg

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Then I ordered the Warn Elite Series front and rear bumpers, I did not get the tire carrier yet, that'll come down the road because I'm poor and also because its unnecessary for the 33" spare.

Got the rear installed, waiting until I have a few spare hours to get the front on.

front.jpg

front2.jpg

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
Time to take it on some adventures! And, make sure you document them here, I used to love reading about your trips in the wagoneer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles