2019 Sierra Carnage

rascott

Observer
fits my "schedule"- got enough time cleared to mabe play a few days early.
looking forward to the dusy-ershim.
i've tried contact w/lloyd- he's been route planner in the past...……….

igetit0706
ahhh! i now recognize montepower as the ramrod on this venture!

Last edited:
Sorry, been busy. Still waiting on my truck, called yesterday and waiting on call back. Ridiculous. Another threat is we are buying a bunch of land in Colorado for retirement, and if it all goes through I will probably have to bow out and start working on it as I need to sell portions to pay off the debt.

montypower

Adventure Time!
Why not do everything?? Hope this doesn't end as a solo adventure.

Sorry, been busy. Still waiting on my truck, called yesterday and waiting on call back. Ridiculous. Another threat is we are buying a bunch of land in Colorado for retirement, and if it all goes through I will probably have to bow out and start working on it as I need to sell portions to pay off the debt.

montypower

Adventure Time!
I'd like to do the Dusy Ershim trail first (4-5 days). Then Rubicon (2-3 days). Then Fordyce (if time allows). I need to be on the road for Moab by Sept 13th.

montypower

Adventure Time!
Day by day schedule. If anyone else wants to join...

Sept 1st – Day 1 – Drive to Marmont Rock Campground
Sept 2nd - Day 2 – Dusy Day 1
Sept 3rd - Day 3 – Dusy Day 2
Sept 4th - Day 4 – Dusy Day 3
Sept 5th - Day 5 – Dusy Day 4
Sept 6th - Day 6 – Supply Day & Drive to Wentworth Springs Campground
Sept 7th - Day 7 – Rubicon Day 1
Sept 8th - Day 8 – Rubicon Day 2
Sept 9th - Day 9 – Rubicon Day 3
Sept 10th – Day 10 – Supply Day & Drive to Fordyce to Camp near trail head
Sept 11th – Day 11 – Fordyce Trail
Sept 12th – Day 12 – Fordyce Trail
Drive to Moab

FullMonte

Adventurer
Hey guys, sucks but I can't make it. I wish you guys safe travels and you guys have my number if ya'll need anything. You guys are legit!

rascott

Observer
a fine high sierra experience.
I only experienced the dusy-ershim, as carnage on the trail left suzi on 3 wheels.
moved to wentworth springs for the launch onto the rubicon, but elected not to run.
fished my way out of the mountains, then ran home.
rest of the crew made the rubie- apparently fordyce is not a thrurun at this time, and is being bypassed.....
all is good!

phstudio

So what happened? Did anybody die? I'm pretty sure I want to join the carnage next year, so i want to study up. And I want to see carnage! :) Pics and vids, or it didn't happen!

montypower

Adventure Time!
Well... Richard with Suzuki conquered the Dusy and broke front inner stub shaft. Carlos ran the Rubicon and cut out early. Fordyce was closed due to dam work. So we hit Barney Reiley solo. And continued solo for Big Bear (Gold Mtn, Holcomb Creek, John Bull). Then drove to Phoenix. And a day later drove to Portland, OR. Put on 3,500 miles in 2 weeks. No issues. Averaged 18-20mpg on the trip. I'm not into damaging my rig so no carnage. Was a fun loop of challenging trails. Next year will be Colorado, Montana, Wyoming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94