2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackangie

I think it's already happening - the Lucky 8 guys posted some cryptic stuff a while back on their Instagram page with some otherwise-unpublished shots of a Defender in camo in front of what looked like a garage setup somewhere. Would behoove LR to give some early access to the aftermarket for measuring for accessories and maybe to test-fit things like rock/roo bars...
Got a link mate?, I hope they do the same with ARB, Rhino4x4, Kaymar etc

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

blackangie

Just checked their latest posts

Im guessing hot weather testing has begun in Dubia . Anyone speak the local language and able to trawl the local social media for footage?
c0d90af5d9a7247a768088e2bfcb95f6.jpg

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Maybe someone will develop a lift kit which make the car stay permanently lifted and also replace the air lifts.

Has the marketing team ever considered that some farmers in Scottish highlands or in Austrian outback may need an actual farm truck? I mean the folks who are the brand loyalists and want a new truck?
Or they just thought it’s mach better to design a new truck for the Kardashians or David Beckham?

JackW

Explorer
I also heard no diesel option for the US.

Not what I've heard unless that has changed VERY recently - the Ingenium 6 diesel is what I'm looking forward to buying.
From what I've read there are three performance levels for the diesel with the lowest horsepower one going in the Defender (around 350 HP?) an upgraded 375? horse version for the Discovery and a 400+ version for the Range Rover. That RR version may be the one with the electric supercharger.

I'm shocked the diesel version of the current D5 isn't selling better -its a fabulous engine for that chassis - quiet, lots of torque, and great fuel mileage. Its absolutely silent at 80 mph and has a range of over 600 miles on the highway.
I'll usually only have to fill up one time in northern Virginia on the 1000+ mile run from Atlanta to upstate New York to visit the wife's family. And diesel is still cheaper than premium....

naks

Diesel is dead in Europe, the future is petrol hybrid/EV

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

rjl

Ryan
VW's fraud killed whatever momentum diesel had in the U.S. I'd love to see a NAS diesel Defender myself, but I'd also be surprised to see it happen.

JackW

Explorer
America is not Europe, we have millions of diesel trucks on the roads here and distances between major population centers that boggle the minds of European visitors. We should be embracing diesels much more than we do. If not for the American fascination with 700 HP pony cars that we absolutely do not need and which seem to be what the manufacturers are focusing on then maybe the new Colorado and Ranger diesel pickups will draw attention back to the practical usable vehicles we do need

99Discovery

Adventurer
Llucky 8 video was great. If it's true the intercoolers are high enough to accommodate a decent aftermarket bumper, their is potential for the platform. After watching the brief clips of what was captured down in Moab, I'm warming up to the 2-door. The 4-door still seems to have too long of a wheelbase to overcome the disadvantages of IFS/IRS, in a few of the clips they were sliding on their sliders what the SWB effortlessly crawled over. And the step wasn't even that intimidating.

blackangie

Maybe someone will develop a lift kit which make the car stay permanently lifted and also replace the air lifts.

Has the marketing team ever considered that some farmers in Scottish highlands or in Austrian outback may need an actual farm truck? I mean the folks who are the brand loyalists and want a new truck?
Or they just thought it’s mach better to design a new truck for the Kardashians or David Beckham?
Its said to have a coil option like the D5, so there will be options for people that just want simple.

Maybe an emergency air lift kit, but not for all the time, one of the best things regarding the Air is its drop.

blackangie

Llucky 8 video was great. If it's true the intercoolers are high enough to accommodate a decent aftermarket bumper, their is potential for the platform. After watching the brief clips of what was captured down in Moab, I'm warming up to the 2-door. The 4-door still seems to have too long of a wheelbase to overcome the disadvantages of IFS/IRS, in a few of the clips they were sliding on their sliders what the SWB effortlessly crawled over. And the step wasn't even that intimidating.
That was a full length RRS body, maybe coil 110 RRS mule or 2020 sport.

There was also 90 RRS mule.

4 cars in total at least.

Air and coil in both wheelbases fits the testing scenario.

I have seen footage of the 110 performing better than the 90, just depends on the obstacle.

For me its looking like 110

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94