2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red90

Adventurer
Curious if there any rumours of a 130 style defender (pick up truck)? Would definitely give the new Gladiator a run and make for some interesting bed topper/camper options.

Probably, but they won’t sell it in North America because of the chicken tax.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
New York spotting and another UK

First expedition rack seen on SWB from memory

I'm guessing height would allow fold back ragtop roof.

Looks like LR will be going all out on the accessory front
678e4d4b03ae204539976931d77530d7.jpg
7920712ddd4b6fe8b15ffd052657ae6f.jpg
e3fa9499bdbb44d846b5d9ce53542962.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
SO interesting that they are keeping so much camo on it now that the Tusk Truck photos are out.

merr1ca

Whats chicken tax?

25% tax on light trucks that are imported into the US. Same reason we don't have the Hilux and build a Tacoma here in the states instead.

Trickle down rumors are that the 130 and soft tops will follow in a few years. If we do get a 130 pickup in the US, it'll be quite expensive and limited run.

REDROVER

Explorer
I hope you understand that driving from one end to the other end of California is about the same size as the entire Europe,

What U.K. considers reliable, is absolutely not for USA standards.

San Bernardino county is bigger than few European countries.

blackangie

I hope you understand that driving from one end to the other end of California is about the same size as the entire Europe,

What U.K. considers reliable, is absolutely not for USA standards.

San Bernardino county is bigger than few European countries.
Infotainment recalls don't stop you driving from 1 side of America or Australia to the other..in the article i read it mentioned most issues are infotainment related and most times the customers are not experiencing any issues they just bring the car in for a recall and the issue is fixed before they experienced anything.

What the US/UK numbers mean is approx 1.2-2. recalls/issues in one year (3 year old car)

Industry average in 1.36

For what these cars do that's pretty good and the fact that Landrover has improved significantly year on year in the US is also a positive thing would you not agree.

The general consensus on the Australian forums is that the newer Land Rovers are more reliable than the older ones.

REDROVER

Explorer
@blackangie
I love your optimism, hahaha
Rating is based on 76.000 buyer reviews.

Read this article and see how they rate cars,
Land Rover jaguar came one of the worst, behind Mitsubishi.

blackangie

@blackangie
I love your optimism, hahaha
Rating is based on 76.000 buyer reviews.

Read this article and see how they rate cars,
Land Rover jaguar came one of the worst, behind Mitsubishi.
So I'm guessing by your "hahaha" your being sarcastic..hmm.

You didn't respond to any of the facts in my last post..but rather try to make out like im overly optimistic.

I prefer to deal with facts.

I have the articles and looked at depth at jd power, how they test and what info is avail for all LR models on their site.

As before landrover are the most improved over last year, have near the industry average in across US/UK and issues are reported to be mainly infotainment related recalls. Facts.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Reality Check ........... Off-Road Segment Buyer Values

The off-road / outdoor segment buyers consider both safety and initial quality less important than your urban SUV buyer. If everyone ranked safety and initial quality #1 then everyone would be driving jellybeans, similar to the latest Nissan Pathfinder (gawd, what a styling disaster, a shadow of former self)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles