2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmodz

Sure, for a 4cyl. The base model with 6 cyl jumps $12K.
Does the average person really need the 6 cyl though? The 4 cyl has great numbers, 300 hp and 300 ft lbs of torque right? That seems like plenty! Sure we would all love the 6 cylinder but LR gave us a way to get into a defender for a lot less money! I appreciate that.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Don't get me wrong. I like the new Defender, just not at $100K out of pocket.
The build page is up. A quick build of the Defender X 110 .............................. $90K+. Then add in extended warranty and tax and you are over $100K.

The depreciation on the new Defender is going to be ugly.
Hopefully you're right. It could make for some good purchase prices a couple years down the road.

treckin

Can’t Seem to find the e-diff option for any of the 110 models, and it doesn’t seem to be listed as standard equipment.

Maybe it’s exclusive to the new 90?

XJLI

Adventurer
Sure, for a 4cyl. The base model with 6 cyl jumps $12K.

Its 300hp!!!!! 0-60 in 7.7!

giphy.gif

JeepColorado

Wow, that thing gets expensive quickly! Just played around some on the configurator on the website- a "base" model is almost $50K. You can get a base model Jeep Wrangler for under $30 and the Rubicon for about $40.

Add in the V-6 and you end up over $60K. That's for the most basic one they have- no options, no accessories.

I could get a 2020 fully loaded Rubicon for mid-$50s and throw a winch bumper, winch and lights on there for the price of this thing base.

EricTyrrell

Expo God
Data comparison:

LR4 (Off-road mode)
Approach: 32.2
Breakover: 22.8
Departure: 26.7
Ground Clearance: 9.4
Wading Depth: 27.56
Curb weight: 5,655 lbs

Source: https://www.landroverusa.com/vehicles/lr4-7-passenger-suv/vehicle-specs.html

New Defender (Off-road mode)
Approach: 38
Breakover (90): 31
Breakover (110): 28
Departure: 40
Ground Clearance: 11.5
Wading Depth: 35.4
Curb weight (90): 4,830
Curb weight (110): 4,815 - 5,165 lbs

Source: https://www.landroverusa.com/Images/Land-Rover-Defender-Brochure-1L6632010000BUSEN01P_tcm293-716037.pdf

roanokercket

I like it. The base model with the added traction and terrain goodies and tow package is 55k! Less than list on a GX460. Which would you rather have? To me this is about as close to a classic Defender as you are going to get in 2019. Plenty of power, plenty of torque, good app/dep angles, and we get a base model that people were pining for. Outfit it the way you want with aftermarket goodies and away you go! I see NOTHING to complain about here.

Defender.png

nickw

Adventurer
Wow, that thing gets expensive quickly! Just played around some on the configurator on the website- a "base" model is almost $50K. You can get a base model Jeep Wrangler for under $30 and the Rubicon for about $40.

Add in the V-6 and you end up over $60K. That's for the most basic one they have- no options, no accessories.

I could get a 2020 fully loaded Rubicon for mid-$50s and throw a winch bumper, winch and lights on there for the price of this thing base.
It has some very tangible benefits over the jeep such as payload and towing....pretty important to many folks here. Very similar approach and departure numbers as well.

treckin

So it’s still TRS 2, but no locker options that I can find. I didn’t even see it mention the center locker.

Good approach angles and suspension travel aren’t really worth much if you’re a 1 or 2 wheel drive vehicle.

I’m not sure yet, I feel like if there’s at least a 2 locker setup this would be my next car.

If they don’t have any locker options I think I’ll pass unless ARB steps to the plate etc.

Last edited:

TOUGE

So it’s still TRS 2, but no locker options that I can find. I didn’t even see it mention the center locker.

On the US website it says "Electronic Active Differential with Torque Vectoring by Breaking" with the offroad package, the picture for the package has little arrows next to the rear wheels so I guess that means rear? An yes I can't find anywhere on the US website that says it comes with center diff lock. Found this "ACTIVE REAR LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL
This system offers the additional benefit of more traction on corners and more grip off-road. It does so by controlling the slip between the left and right wheels on the rear axle.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke