2020 EarthCruiser?

gregmchugh

Observer
Mastervolt also has this. My friend has it on his GXV. Very similar to the Victron one with all the same functions. Mastervolt actually has a bunch of different options for this, can see them here: https://www.mastervolt.com/products/masterbus-displays/

One thing i didnt know about mastervolt i learned in my research is they have been around forever and are the parent company of Blue Sea and Ancor. Both companies i've used for years.

Odd, i have friends with huge boats and such and never even heard of them until i was checking out my friends GXV. Really nice stuff.
Which GXV model does your friend have? We have a Patagonia on a 2018 Kenworth K-370 chassis.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I was on their site yesterday reading something else, and it still says AGM for the LTS models, but Lithium for the new carbon one and the big huge one
Yeah but the LTS is out of production so anything they are now producing will be LiFePO4

gregmchugh

Observer
Yeah but the LTS is out of production so anything they are now producing will be LiFePO4

Any idea which lithiums EarthRoamer is using?

Some very odd choices in the past with EarthRoamer, for instance, the use of dual pane glass windows should be standard in vehicles in their price range but they stuck with dual pane plastic...

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Any idea which lithiums EarthRoamer is using?

Some very odd choices in the past with EarthRoamer, for instance, the use of dual pane glass windows should be standard in vehicles in their price range but they stuck with dual pane plastic...
My guess would be Mastervolt, since there are several EarthRoamers featured in the MV 2020 catalog. :)

waveslider

Outdoorsman
That's a serious gamechanger. Lance, does the dual cab afford the driver more leg room -aka rearward travel of the driver's seat?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
So I had a look at two Iveco based Earthcruisers yesterday at a show.
Again, I could not see the value in them at 300k+ But then again the Aussie Blissmobil guys wanted $290k for a 13" Blissmobil unit, let alone the Unimog it was sitting on.
I personally just don't see it when companies can build a 19ft Caravan out of similar materials and build quality without some of the expensive bits for 70-80k.

Which companies in the USA are building said Caravan's? Or are you talking in Europe?
And you realize in the USA companies like OutsideVan are building $400k Sprinter's, right?

Sorry for the delay! See if these pics help!? I am 6ft3in tall, weigh 220lbs (more or less!) and I am your average 51yr old ...i can get through the pass thru with no issues. My wife has done it several times while in transit with no issues as well. The table can be full swiveled out of the way for easy passage.
There is plenty of room to sleep between the bed and roof while down! I'm not sure of the actual distance on the new models but it is sure to be sleep-able!
.View attachment 550411View attachment 550412

Don, getting an actual measurement of the pass-thru, and from roof down to rear bed would be helpful for those here. Michelle could probably even provide these if you're out of the office?

I believe they are using the 160 since it is available in both standard and crew cab. I don’t think there is an advantage with the higher GVWR 180 standard cab since the whole suspension and braking system is being replaced anyway but I could be off base on that.

I saw an FE140 single cab outside EC HQ today (along with new F350 for EXD, their new EXP V8, 2 used FX's for sale, 1 used EXP, Lance's Alpha FX). And this wasn't including the many Fuso's which were being built inside. Truly an impressive array.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a company do a 4x4 conversion like Earthcruiser that could result in a less expensive solution? For instance, $30K (ouch) to modify a Fuso to 4x4 and then add an Alaskan flatbed camper (or build a composite camper box)... still a lot less expensive than an Earthcruiser.

Good luck with that, if you want high quality. The Dynatrac Pro80's F&R, Hero 2spd t-case, ARB air lockers F&R, 17" Method's on 37" Toyo M/T's, EC custom leaf springs and Radflo w/ bypass reservoirs are easily over $30k alone. Then you have all the custom-engineered bracketry you have to figure out yourself, etc etc etc...

First hand experience; I've been very impressed with Michelle at Earthcruiser's level of service, and it was evident today as well when I took a tour of their EXP (on new Fuso V8) and EXD (on silver Chevy). Very personable, very transparent with what is new with the rigs, what's still being tested, changes for the future, etc. HUGELY HUGELY impressed with the overall build quality, fit/finish, level of detail I saw today (and I'm a stickler for this, with high expectations honestly). Loved the comfortable seating position in the scheel-mann's in the new V8 EXP. Definitely more impressed with this Fuso interior than the Isuzu NPR(too spartan/commercial). And the EC production staff were so friendly, even when we were in their way of working while trying to check out the EXP interior. They were also eager to share the specific details they were working on, as well as new changes (more great ideas) being implemented. Lots of creative people and artisans for sure. Earthcruiser has it going on, hands down. Now, how to find enough piggy banks for a crew cab V8 EXP...

Last edited:

gregmchugh

Observer
I saw a FE140 single cab today.

So maybe the 140 for the single cab and 160 for the crew cab, not that it makes much difference since everything that would effect the GVWR seems to be getting replaced anyway, driveline, suspension, brakes, etc. No reason to pay extra for a 160 single cab if all the stuff that makes it a 160 vs a 140 gets removed anyway in the 4wd conversion...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior