6.jpg
98.jpg
99.jpg
101.jpg
103.jpg

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
I'm happy for the owner(s).

Here's an idea for you entrepreneurial types who would enjoy the bling and glamor without the full price.

2,3,4 or more (wouldn't go over 6) form a partnership and do a timeshare for that beast.

Yachts are owned in the same manner.

If I were to do it, the organization would be formed as a non-profit, 501 (c) 3, the purpose would be to further education and youth leadership in environmental studies, nature and conservation.

3 or 4 times a year take a pack of Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts on a short outing to some natural wonders. A camping curriculum is not hard to put together for kids, toss in some conservation awareness with some outdoor survival and you have it.

Imagine taking donations from parents for each trip. Keeping gas receipts as a deduction and rebates from the State from fuel taxes paid. Buying discounts maintenance parts or at least buying tax free. Any donated labor out there?

Rotate ownership times, 3 members (required for a non-profit) would take possession for 4 months, then continue rotating so that all 4 seasons are covered. When you don't have possession you can contribute to support the non-profit administratively.

Obviously, folks doing this would have a job or taxable income, what better deduction than to write off some of your travel expenses?

Just remember, I get a small cut for the idea------ :cool:

Wonder who advised them to use maxxtrax on a rig this size :ROFLMAO:
I wonder how they concluded to buy a vehicle like this to begin with, then sell it essentially unused. And I wonder if they had any prior 4wd camping and driving experience, like I did (36 years worth) before buying something like this in 2006.
This is a common scenario it seems.
Obviously I don’t know the answers, it might be a good deal for a deserving buyer who will actually use it and get value out of it.
The Americas, Australia and subsaharan Africa are still open to us for travel. Glad my family and I went to Mongolia when we did 6 years ago.

Last edited:

Lucidless

I wonder how they concluded to buy a vehicle like this to begin with, then sell it essentially unused. And I wonder if they had any prior 4wd camping and driving experience, like I did (36 years worth) before buying something like this in 2006.
Obviously I don’t know the answers, it might be a good deal for a deserving buyer who will actually use it and get value out of it.
The Americas, Australia and subsaharan Africa are still open to us for travel. Glad my family and I went to Mongolia when we did 6 years ago.

Some guys just like to play the one up game with vehicles and their friends, which I respect.

But this is not a good deal, made in America doesn't mean anything anymore, and when it comes to overland products the USA is a decade behind other countries- so I actively avoid US made products. Look at what you can get built in EU, AUS, and ZA for $550k. You'll get this vehicle, new, and still have 200k left over. This ain't no Unicat or ActionMobile

Last edited:

Imurphy

Some guys just like to play the one up game with vehicles and their friends, which I respect.

But this is not a good deal, made in America doesn't mean anything anymore, and when it comes to overland products the USA is a decade behind other countries- so I actively avoid US made products. Look at what you can get built in EU, AUS, and ZA for $550k. You'll get this vehicle, new, and still have 200k left over. This ain't no Unicat or ActionMobile
For an American, you can basically never bring it "home". No way to import it to the US for a few dozen more years. While I agree that some of the products made "overseas" are better, if you want to use it in the US at all then you are stuck with buying a 25+-year-old chassis, or American-sold (built) rigs.

Lucidless

For an American, you can basically never bring it "home". No way to import it to the US for a few dozen more years. While I agree that some of the products made "overseas" are better, if you want to use it in the US at all then you are stuck with buying a 25+-year-old chassis, or American-sold (built) rigs.
Not sure if you’re talking about this rig or newer EU/SA/AUS rigs. Because this GXV is in Idaho legally, and can be registered in the US- after paying Uncle Sam that vehicle tax of course haha

DeAusten

This answer from the owner clears up some of these questions. Looks like they used it, then looked at what worked for them and what didn't, and opted for a new build that fit their needs a bit better.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/...tat-torsion-free-subframe.227411/post-3077736

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94