2021 Earthoamer - 1900 miles - $750,000

adam88

Explorer
Holy crap. I had an f350 Northernlite that was 80% of that for 5% of the price. Thats nuts.

Its inconceivable to me there is that much in that vehicle to justify the price.

The thing to remember, with these vehicles, is that they basically maintain their value or maybe drop a little bit. So it's not like you are throwing away $750k. I'm not justifying the price, but at least earthroamer has a brand name and holds its value (so does Northern Lite). I would imagine if someone bought this for $750k today they could resell it for at least $600k 3 years from now. So maximum risk of loss of investment is $50k a year. For many people that is like spare change to them. RV's lose way more value than that. People buy $400k RV's all the time but they are only worth $200k after 3 years. So I think the earthroamer wins in that regard. BTW I wish I had a northern lite, can't find one anywhere now. And even if I do, good luck finding a truck to haul it!

jake28

The thing to remember, with these vehicles, is that they basically maintain their value or maybe drop a little bit. So it's not like you are throwing away $750k. I'm not justifying the price, but at least earthroamer has a brand name and holds its value (so does Northern Lite). I would imagine if someone bought this for $750k today they could resell it for at least $600k 3 years from now. So maximum risk of loss of investment is $50k a year. For many people that is like spare change to them. RV's lose way more value than that. People buy $400k RV's all the time but they are only worth $200k after 3 years. So I think the earthroamer wins in that regard. BTW I wish I had a northern lite, can't find one anywhere now. And even if I do, good luck finding a truck to haul it!

So buying an earth roamer that depreciates 150k over 3 yrs is ok, but an rv that depreciates 200k is not. Don’t get lost in %s, there is no “winning” here.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Seems to me like making enough money so that you can spend $750k on a recreational vehicle without breaking a sweat would be winning? These are beautiful trucks with impressive tech and features - I doubt I'll ever buy one, but I'm glad they exist

I agree the truck camper on a nice pickup is a far better value, more versatile, much better fit for most.

And I think I'd rather hang out with the folks that buy one of these than a $1M class A

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles