2021 F150 Tremor Thoughts?

Grassland

Im driving a 3.7 steel body F150 with 33s and I can't break 20 MPG US driving 60 mph. When towing my pop up in the wind its been as low as 13 MPG and im expecting 12-14 towing my new trailer when I get it. So adding 80 HP and 152 tq and all at lower RPM, 10 MPG doesn't seem so bad.
Now the new F150 Tremor, I imagine when loaded to payload or towing a 3-5k trailer, isn't going to be getting much better fuel economy. Ten speed or otherwise. The truck is still a square, its still heavy, and still has large, high rolling resistance tires. Unloaded maybe it will get 20 MPG. Towing a load im sure it will be near 10.

D

Deleted member 9101

Unloaded maybe it will get 20 MPG. Towing a load im sure it will be near 10.

Probably a good estimate on both ends. They only thing is the 3.5 will be a masssssasive upgrade in pulling power.

The largest factor with an EcoBoost is speed. If you watch the boost gauge you can set your crusing speed at a point where it doesn't require boost to maintain your speed on flat ground. That is a sure fire way to get better fuel economy.

WRONG_WAY_DAVE

Slapping a "TREMOR" package to me is the equivalent of adding racing stripes to a vehicle thus making it faster by default. I know why they are doing it to ever P/U they make but still and can appreciate AWD as added capability and of course 25 extra horse is nice (probably only if run premium though) etc...

To me, it would be very special if the T-package came standard NOW with a torsion/locker front and a lightweight winch, i would say you had a really cool package.
Add a front sway disconnect, steeper gears/and rock rails and real lower armor, and you would really have something.
All of this adds weights, hurts CAFE, and is not really necessary for the 99% of buyers (not on this forum) who don't seriously go off-road--or even consider it--so yes--I get it.

But Ford--short of the Raptor--has been producing a lot of milquetoast vehicles lately, and I have personally noticed a slight downturn in quality and dealer warranty services.
YMMV

BUT PLZ FRD MAKE AN EXPEDITION TREMOR MKAY?! THX-- ;)

Last edited:

Explorerinil

Observer
You make a point, I see ford offering the tremor package to compete with other trucks that offer basic off road packages which are selling in masses now. Plus allot of people buy a truck, put a small lift and aftermarket rims and larger tires, ford is trying to sell a turn key package to people. The tremor is a great idea, sells well and appeals to allot of buyers. If you don’t want something as extreme as a power wagon, or you want to drag or haul a heavy load in ruff areas the tremor is the ticket. Now the F-150, tremor, I’m not a fan, but for some reason people love f150’s... it will sell.

phsycle

Adventurer
To me, it would be very special if the T-package came standard NOW with a torsion/locker front and a lightweight winch, i would say you had a really cool package.
Add a front sway disconnect, steeper gears/and rock rails and real lower armor, and you would really have something.
All of this adds weights, hurts CAFE, and is not really necessary for the 99% of buyers (not on this forum) who don't seriously go off-road--or even consider it--so yes--I get it.

So basically double or triple the cost of the tremor package? Now you’re dangerously close to Raptor pricing. And the buyer base just doesn’t care for any of that. Not sure why Ford would do that for the 10 people who’d actually buy it.

jbaucom

This is really what the FX4 package should be, minus the purely stylistic elements like the orange accents - better approach angle, slightly larger A/T tires, small lift. I understand there's more profit in creating a new package with unique styling elements, like the Ram Rebel and Silverado Trail Boss, but it would be terrific if the meaningful hardware from the Tremor was incorporated into something like a FX4 Level II package that was available on all trims.

NoTraxx

So if Ford put a 4” lift and 35s with selectable lockers front and rear. Ya’ll would be wanting a 6” lift an38s on 3/4 ton running gear and a crawl ratio transfer case. Then complain that it cost to much and is to heavy and you can’t put a 3000 pound camper in the bed. Same thing that happened to the Rubicon and Raptor.......Oh well.
Carry on.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
So if Ford put a 4” lift and 35s with selectable lockers front and rear. Ya’ll would be wanting a 6” lift an38s on 3/4 ton running gear and a crawl ratio transfer case. Then complain that it cost to much and is to heavy and you can’t put a 3000 pound camper in the bed. Same thing that happened to the Rubicon and Raptor.......Oh well.
Carry on.
Sounds about right.

WRONG_WAY_DAVE

Phsycle:
That is what the "I get it part" was about. I just mentioned what a 'real' package to me would be like--that I'd like to see (which obviously Big Ford could give a $##t about).
And while I do think there are some people (not 10... but maybe 15-17.5 people?) who would buy an F150 that is set up seriously for off-road that don't want to go to the size/driving characteristics of the F250 but just want to carry more than a Raptor's low GVWR allows (which was why I cancelled my order on a Raptor and went Power Wagon years ago--payload, double lockers, winch, etc.).

But yes, the sales are simply not enough for big Ford's interest.

Milquetoast

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

Carry on.

Nailed it!!!

tacollie

Glamper
I'm going to complain about price for the regular F150 nevermind the extra expensive tremor trim/package whatever.
XLTs have MSRP of in the high forties and low 50s now.
This is how I feel! She wanted the Lariat for the seats. My used XLT was $14k less than any Lariat on the market. Even if I spend $4k on seats I still have $10k in the bank. That's part of the reason the Tremor doesn't interest me. I don't mind adding aftermarket stuff.

What would be cool is a Tremor equipment group. If you could order an XL supercab and get the Tremor goods it would be more tempting. I also realize I'm in minority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles