235/85/16? Let's see them

vargsmetal

Mastercraft HT on my 78 C25. It's only a 2wd but it sees more dirt than most of the Jeeps around here.

52f466f07e3f413415503d864dfa3327.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mires

Adventurer
Damn, I started this thread over 9 years ago! I am currently running Cooper AT3 in 235/85 on my Xterra but am considering switching to 265/75/16 in a load range C. I love the size overall of the 235 but feel it is just too rough of a ride on a lighter vehicle like my Xterra. Especially as the tires age and the rubber gets harder.

IMP095

Damn, I started this thread over 9 years ago! I am currently running Cooper AT3 in 235/85 on my Xterra but am considering switching to 265/75/16 in a load range C. I love the size overall of the 235 but feel it is just too rough of a ride on a lighter vehicle like my Xterra. Especially as the tires age and the rubber gets harder.

Is load range C not available in the 235/85?

coreyjdl

How do you like the new Firestones? I can't find much info on them including specs. They seem to be very light weight compared to other tires though if the specs I have found are accurate.

That weight was a big reason I went with them. 10lbs lighter than the same size K02s.

I heard the KO2s new compound isnt 3 Peak rated, these are. You can tell by the picture background, I kind of need it to do well on snow.

They were installed yesterday, so no super valuable opinions yet.

The weight didn't seem to be a problem over the stock Goodyear ST. No noticeable power loss.

They have more road noise, not much though, and the soft door uppers are noisier still.

I didn't notice an issues with them being E rated, the ride felt the same.

They fill the wheel wells better than the stock 225/75R16s, and look like they belong on the Jeep.

The tires are smaller, lighter, and less aggressive than what's put on the Rubicon by the factory, so I had little doubt they would work fine.

I'll stick with this size as long as I own the Jeep, but won't know the quality long term on the X/Ts for a while.

mires

Adventurer
That weight was a big reason I went with them. 10lbs lighter than the same size K02s.

I heard the KO2s new compound isnt 3 Peak rated, these are. You can tell by the picture background, I kind of need it to do well on snow.

They were installed yesterday, so no super valuable opinions yet.

The weight didn't seem to be a problem over the stock Goodyear ST. No noticeable power loss.

They have more road noise, not much though, and the soft door uppers are noisier still.

I didn't notice an issues with them being E rated, the ride felt the same.

They fill the wheel wells better than the stock 225/75R16s, and look like they belong on the Jeep.

The tires are smaller, lighter, and less aggressive than what's put on the Rubicon by the factory, so I had little doubt they would work fine.

I'll stick with this size as long as I own the Jeep, but won't know the quality long term on the X/Ts for a while.

Thanks for the feedback. Please keep us updated on your thoughts about them.

buellconvert

My BFG KO2s are 3 peak rated, but they're a 285/75r17, I doubt the size makes a difference in their rating, but for your info they are indeed 3 peak rated

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
The set of BFG KO2 non-DT I ran had the 3 peak mountain in 235/85R16, load range was E. Tread did wear fairly quickly so perhaps that's the reason for the DT version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles