270 degree awning on van build

grampswrx

Observer
I'm hunting for the right brackets to fit a foxwing to a chevy sportsmobile. I have the awning and the van, but not the right brackets. Once I have put it on, I will post a pic. No one makes decent chevy gutter brackets, so I am going to have to mount it to the yakima crossbars on the penthouse. Not sure its going to work...

outdoornate65

Adventurer
I'm hunting for the right brackets to fit a foxwing to a chevy sportsmobile. I have the awning and the van, but not the right brackets. Once I have put it on, I will post a pic. No one makes decent chevy gutter brackets, so I am going to have to mount it to the yakima crossbars on the penthouse. Not sure its going to work...

Will you still be able to use awning if pop-top is up? I had a Westy with the same arrangement. I purchased special raingutter mounts from Fiamma that also mounted to the van via Riv-nuts. You might look at their website and use that to fab brackets for your 270.

grampswrx

Observer
The pop top will still work. I’ll need to adjust the springs most likely. I did it with an ARB awning and the fox wing only weighs 5 pounds more. Gonna be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eaglevo

I would like to install the Fox-wing on my Chevy Express also but not really wanting to use riv-nuts into the side of the van. The Gowesty gutter mounts look pretty good but minus the riv-nuts. Limited to the rear 6' of the van for that application anyway. I might use the Gowesty mounts and not attach with riv-nuts or fab a gutter only mount somehow.

grampswrx

Observer
Watch out with the go westy mounts. The pads they use sit on a strip between the drivers door and the slider which does not exist on the chevy van. Also, the Chevy gutters are a different design than both the ford and the VW and are not very good for hanging an awning. I mounted my foxwing on the roof rack and it isnt going to work. I am going back to the drawing board.

eaglevo

Watch out with the go westy mounts. The pads they use sit on a strip between the drivers door and the slider which does not exist on the chevy van. Also, the Chevy gutters are a different design than both the ford and the VW and are not very good for hanging an awning. I mounted my foxwing on the roof rack and it isnt going to work. I am going back to the drawing board.
There is a spot on both sides of the rear side glass that might accommodate the bracket/RivNut. The Foxwing needs to be towards the rear of the van anyway to wrap around. I'll probably end up buying the Gowesty brackets, modify and use the RivNuts :( unless I find an alternative. I'm pretty much sold on the 270 awning though.

45Kevin

Adventurer
I would like to install the Fox-wing on my Chevy Express also but not really wanting to use riv-nuts into the side of the van. The Gowesty gutter mounts look pretty good but minus the riv-nuts. Limited to the rear 6' of the van for that application anyway. I might use the Gowesty mounts and not attach with riv-nuts or fab a gutter only mount somehow.

I'll be mounting mine this weekend. I'll post pics.

Raul

Adventurer
Bundu Awn is probably on of the best looking ones I've seen (only in pictures)

<iframe width="708" height="398" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Screen-Shot-2015-06-17-at-10.03.28-AM-640x371.pngBunduAwn.JPG

45Kevin

Adventurer
I'll be mounting mine this weekend. I'll post pics.

The custom brackets I've been waiting for were built wrong, so hopefully I get them back on Friday and can do the install on this coming weekend.

Fire-strom, that a great looking set up. What kind of awing is it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier