275/65r-18 BFG KO2 on LR3?

Blaise

It rubs. It's not too terrible - certainly not enough to stress me out. I'll snap a photo if anyone cares.

Lemagus

I just added the BFG 265/65/18s and only had rubbing issues with the front wheels on the frame horns. This is with 18” wheels and 30mm spacers.

Maybe I just haven’t noticed the issues in the rear, which is fine by me, but have been on and off road over about 2k miles so far.

Well, I ordered tires yesterday. I initially went with the 275’s, but after thinking a bit more I cancelled and switched to the 265’s. I’m not thrilled about it, but I didn’t want to deal with getting them mounted and finding out it was almost impossible to get into the spare location or that it wouldn’t move on the bumpstops. Realistically, the smaller size shouldn’t make a bit of difference for off-road use and will have small benefits for everyday use.

Ray_G

Explorer
Absolutely nothing wrong with the smaller size, and you are correct, it shouldn't hurt all that much offroad given the overall nature of the truck.

Jwestpro

Explorer
I just added the BFG 265/65/18s and only had rubbing issues with the front wheels on the frame horns. This is with 18” wheels and 30mm spacers.

Maybe I just haven’t noticed the issues in the rear, which is fine by me, but have been on and off road over about 2k miles so far.
Why are you using a spacer? No need for that on the lr3 and it only makes most of the clearance issues worse such as the frame horns. I admit that flush tires do look cool though.

Speedkills

Honest post—I’m surprised many haven’t lifted wheels when off-roading. We were getting a lot happening recently and figured it was pretty common. Am I the only one?
It's not just you, I am on 3 pretty much every weekend. Depends on the terrain you wheel in I guess. Mine is pretty rocky. Hard to find a line up this that doesn't lift a wheel.

Attachments

Lemagus

Why are you using a spacer? No need for that on the lr3 and it only makes most of the clearance issues worse such as the frame horns. I admit that flush tires do look cool though.
@Jwestpro I was referring to my LR4. My bad for posting here on this LR3 thread. so pleased with the move to the 18’s I get a little post-happy I’m afraid. Definitely appreciate your comments on the forum - big reason I made the switch.

Last edited:

Jwestpro

Explorer
@Jwestpro I was referring to my LR4. My bad for posting here on this LR3 thread. so pleased with the moves to the 18’s I get a little post-happy I’m afraid. Definitely appreciate your comments on the forum - big reason I made the switch.
ah ok, i was wondering. my spacers are still on because i was lazy last time changing out from the winter set and mine clear all the rub points. I get used to the look and then when the spacers come off it seems weird LOL