2M/Ham radio, get yours before the

Gonzzo

Observer
Point me in the right direction...?

Im interested in learning more about all of the modes of communication mentioned on this post, can annyone suggest a web site for begginers.

When i say i need information i mean i know NOTHING about these types of communications so a layman's explanation site would be best for me.

Thanks.

Gonzzo.

:victory:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Gonzzo said:
Im interested in learning more about all of the modes of communication mentioned on this post, can annyone suggest a web site for begginers.

When i say i need information i mean i know NOTHING about these types of communications so a layman's explanation site would be best for me.

Thanks.

Gonzzo.

:victory:

GMRS, MURS, FRS:
http://www.provide.net/~prsg/

Ham:
http://www.ac6v.com/

Or just ask here, there's several hams and some (unlike me) know what they're talking about.

vanguard

Adventurer
This seemed like a good place for my story from last weekend. We got to the campsite before everybody else so I decided to hit the trails with my family. It was raining so I thought we'd kill some time and set up the tent after the rain stopped.

Well, things got ugly and flash flooding turned small creeks into white water rapids. I crossed a few of them before turning around. Things were getting worse by the minute and at one point water was coming over the hood (no snorkle). It was time to pull over and let the flood waters calm down. My cb wasn't reaching anybody. I suppose the sane people stayed out of the forest. My cell phone didn't have service. However, the ham was real active. I asked somebody on the ham to call my buddy and tell him where I was and what I was up to because my friends were waiting for me and knew I was out there somewhere. He called my friend and relayed the message. In about an hour the flood waters had eased enough to let me cross.

It was the first time I used my ham as anything other than a better cb. I actually needed to get my message out and everything else was down.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
I don't think anyone's tied to particular dates if that 13th doesn't work for folks; if everyone wants to throw out additional dates, I'll see what I can do, and maybe we can make a night run or a mini-adventure out of it instead of sitting in a city?

Steve Curren

Explorer
I would love to join you if there is room for me, I live north of Tucson and am ready to go just about anywhere to learn ham radio procedures.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
I havn't heard anyone's yay or nay on the 13th (this Thursday)? Do we want to wait until we can get together on the trail?

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Scott,
I am very interested in this but also have company coming in on Thursday.
It would be lame of me to bug out on them thier first night in town!
If you still do it on the 13th then I'll miss it but would welcome the excuse for a trail ride and in-the-field lesson!

Either that or dinner, I've wanted to chat with you about sailing as well!;)

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I have no sitter, but a trail lesson sounds really cool. And, I still want to get my license.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz