2nd Gen INFINITI QX56/QX80 Build

Just thought I should share with you some pics of my rig in its road trip attire and offroad mode. This is how my SUV looks like when I am on my major road trips that involve wheeling. And here are some pictures of NY rig at the top of those treacherous passes in Colorado. I will be going there again in 3 weeks. I hope you go there soon. You will love it for sure.

NQRpyqc.jpg

W95YK57.jpg

DxT1abo.jpg

kzi69Zg.jpg

klSibU2.jpg

2Pmz4o6.jpg

ei1mGJA.jpg

Airing back my tires after wheeling. I use 40psi on the road and 30 on the trail. But my mud tires now have 50psi in them as I use it on normal driving on pavement. For my hardcore offroading next month, I may do 25. But I hate that. I may still just do 30psi because the tire pressure light comes on below 28 and I do not want it to be on from start with a 25psi, since if I see it on, I need to know I do have a probelm with my tires.
iEVeCQL.jpg

And here I am giving the rig a bubble bath after a busy day on one of my road trips
C0HruEp.jpg

leeleatherwood

Just thought I should share with you some pics of my rig in its road trip attire and offroad mode. This is how my SUV looks like when I am on my major road trips that involve wheeling. And here are some pictures of NY rig at the top of those treacherous passes in Colorado. I will be going there again in 3 weeks. I hope you go there soon. You will love it for sure.

NQRpyqc.jpg

W95YK57.jpg

DxT1abo.jpg

kzi69Zg.jpg

klSibU2.jpg

2Pmz4o6.jpg

ei1mGJA.jpg

Airing back my tires after wheeling. I use 40psi on the road and 30 on the trail. But my mud tires now have 50psi in them as I use it on normal driving on pavement. For my hardcore offroading next month, I may do 25. But I hate that. I may still just do 30psi because the tire pressure light comes on below 28 and I do not want it to be on from start with a 25psi, since if I see it on, I need to know I do have a probelm with my tires.
iEVeCQL.jpg

And here I am giving the rig a bubble bath after a busy day on one of my road trips
C0HruEp.jpg

Fantastic!

I cant wait to get to CO again. Last time I went I was only able to do Elwood pass because of the snow in other areas.

leeleatherwood

I ordered the Radflo Coilovers and Shocks from PRG products in April. I spoke with Greg from PRG on the phone multiple times before ordering so that he could make sure I was ordering the correct for my needs. Greg is a great person to talk to and very knowledgeable, he also seems very enthusiastic about what he does. I made it clear to him multiple times about getting extended length coilovers because I have aftermarket UCA's. (We even had some banter about how I should have ordered the UCA's from him because he could have got them cheaper)

After many delays, drama and missed promises, I finally received the coilovers 2 days ago. I noticed they seemed a bit short and they did not match what extended length measurements should be. Therefor I called Radflo who confirmed to me that the coilovers I received were the Standard length versions and not the Extended length as I had ordered. Radflo explains that (as expected) the extended length coilovers also have extended travel.

This, coupled with the fact that I have not yet received the rear shocks and PRG has stopped responding to all of my emails, phone calls and voicemails for 2+ weeks asking for updates has forced me to dispute the charges with my credit card company. I simply do not feel like dealing with PRG any more and will let my credit card company work with them to process the refund.

I like to support community specific vendors so I am thinking about re-ordering from Nisstec, I have always had good experience from Nisstec in the past but I also heard great things about Fab Bobs Garage out of Utah from people at the GONE Moab event.

This is what I will be ordering (ignore the price, should be cheaper from Vendor)

Why didn't you order directly from Radlfo? I wonder if your coilovers had to built only after you had placed your order. Is that maybe why it took too long?

I have bought from PRG before. I ordered a lift kit for my 2009 Armada from his website and my experience was just normal. I ordered, talked to him, paid and got my things. No problem.

There are tons of people who have bought from Greg at PRG. His name is all over the Nissan forums and his PRG list also. And of course, there has been people like you who unfortunately have had bad experiences. I hope you get your things resolved. It is no fun when one spends a lot of money and it takes so long and you get wrong parts.

I know all those coilovers have part numbers. So, I am just wondering what you guys had agreed upon and if he or you had provided a part number that would be ordered. Since if you guys already had a part number listed that you saw and he saw before he ordered your parts from Radflo, makes me wonder where the mistake was made. Let's see who provided a wrong part number.

Since you said you explained to him. Did you happen to give him an exact part number? Or you just went with what you explained? And he provided a part number?

Why don't you read out to Radlfo dirty and order from them? I wonder what will be the price difference.

I have talked to Radflo and gotten a quote to lift our 2nd gen QX. The quote is in my email with part numbers and price. And I had spoken with them before emailing them for the quote. So, it was very specific with part numbers. I wonder where or how he made a mistake to order you wrong parts. I guess a part number was not specified by either of you.

leeleatherwood

Why didn't you order directly from Radlfo? I wonder if your coilovers had to built only after you had placed your order. Is that maybe why it took too long?

I have bought from PRG before. I ordered a lift kit for my 2009 Armada from his website and my experience was just normal. I ordered, talked to him, paid and got my things. No problem.

There are tons of people who have bought from Greg at PRG. His name is all over the Nissan forums and his PRG list also. And of course, there has been people like you who unfortunately have had bad experiences. I hope you get your things resolved. It is no fun when one spends a lot of money and it takes so long and you get wrong parts.

I know all those coilovers have part numbers. So, I am just wondering what you guys had agreed upon and if he or you had provided a part number that would be ordered. Since if you guys already had a part number listed that you saw and he saw before he ordered your parts from Radflo, makes me wonder where the mistake was made. Let's see who provided a wrong part number.

Since you said you explained to him. Did you happen to give him an exact part number? Or you just went with what you explained? And he provided a part number?

Why don't you read out to Radlfo dirty and order from them? I wonder what will be the price difference.

I have talked to Radflo and gotten a quote to lift our 2nd gen QX. The quote is in my email with part numbers and price. And I had spoken with them before emailing them for the quote. So, it was very specific with part numbers. I wonder where or how he made a mistake to order you wrong parts. I guess a part number was not specified by either of you.

PRG has better prices on Radflo than ordering directly through Radflo. Also Greg has a special valve stack for the Radflos that reportedly is pretty good.

I don't want to go into too much detail, but the reason why the shocks took so long is because PRG never placed the order to Radflo. When I contacted Radflo directly to ask for the status of my order they never even had it in the system. On the other hand, PRG kept saying excuses like "ohh they had to cut a tube to a special length and send it off to be anodized" etc but again, 2 different employees I spoke with at Radflo said that none of the excuses were true, they simply did not have the order from PRG yet.

I provided Greg with part numbers when I first contacted him, specific to the Y62. He called Radflo to confirm they would work on the Infiniti, I even took pictures to send him to make sure. The paypal receipt has no part numbers.

PRG has better prices on Radflo than ordering directly through Radflo. Also Greg has a special valve stack for the Radflos that reportedly is pretty good.

I don't want to go into too much detail, but the reason why the shocks took so long is because PRG never placed the order to Radflo. When I contacted Radflo directly to ask for the status of my order they never even had it in the system. On the other hand, PRG kept saying excuses like "ohh they had to cut a tube to a special length and send it off to be anodized" etc but again, 2 different employees I spoke with at Radflo said that none of the excuses were true, they simply did not have the order from PRG yet.

I provided Greg with part numbers when I first contacted him, specific to the Y62. He called Radflo to confirm they would work on the Infiniti, I even took pictures to send him to make sure. The paypal receipt has no part numbers.

I see. Yeah, if you provided an exact part number and did not receive what you provided, he must have made a mistake then.

But yeah, Greg has served many people and had perfect reviews. He is known to talk to customers and give suggestions and advices that by the time you or most people are purchasing, they do feel confident about what they are getting. Some people are very satisfied at the end and also some people end up very disappointed at the end. So, I think maybe this is one of his transactions that did not go well.

Seems like he messed up on your order.

Well, good thing you can move on and get it somewhere else.

Looking forward to the next stage of your build.

Last edited:

leeleatherwood

I see. Yeah, if you provided and exact part number a did not receive what you provided, he .its have made a mistake then.

But yeah, Greg has served many people and had perfect reviews. He is known to tslk to customers and give suggestions and advices that by the time you or most people are purchasing, they do feel confident about what they are getting. Some people are very and satisfied at the end and also some people end up very disappointed at the end. So, I think maybe this is one of his transactions that did not go well.

Seems like he messed up on your order.

Well, good thing you can move on and get it somewhere else.

Looking forward to the next stage to your build.

I know people have good experiences with PRG, and infact I had a good experience with him before with other parts. I know his is very knowledgable and has a passion for not only offroading but also the tiny Nissan community.
On the other hand, I believe there are things that can be done to improve the business when it comes to ordering, returning emails, etc. I know it can be rough to run a 1 man operation but it is still mandatory to communicate with your customers and make sure they get the product they ordered.

I am not trying to steer people away from PRG infact I will continue to recommend them.

leeleatherwood

I just found out today a good friend of mine got a job at Fat Bobs Garage, so I will order through him on July 8th.

I am also debating Kings.... :unsure::unsure::unsure:
I have owned Radflos before, and I loved them. But now I may try Kings instead.

Dmski

Adventurer
I've actually had excellent experiences with PRG Greg. Calling him is the best bet as he seems pretty busy, but he has always taken care of me and even talked about my truck on a personable level and sent brackets/hardware out free of charge. I've had ok experiences with Nisstec but have found some of their products slightly inferior in design to PRG's, however their customer service has been good every time I've worked with them as well. Your mileage may vary.

Automatic Hatch lighting.

3HG6m6Xh.jpg

bhL1tzZ.mp4

Not exactly like yours. These are 4 USB rechargeable led lights with magnetic rears. First I wipe surface with alcohol. Then install black sticky paper to the surface. Then I take the metal plate that came with these lights and attach them on the black sticky paper with strong double sided tape. Now I have a metal piece there and my USB rechargeable lights can stick on and stay firm. Press each to turn on and press to turn off. Not permanent, but I plan for it to be useful for my road trip next month. Produces a ton of light in a dark area.

Hw97mz8.jpg

qD7sqJU.jpg

mpLICxV.jpg

FzKZPwb.jpg

tORjdj6.jpg

Last edited:

leeleatherwood

Not exactly like yours. These are 4 USB rechargeable led lights with magnetic rears. First I wipe surface with alcohol. Then install black sticky paper to the surface. Then I take the metal plate that came with these lights and attach them on the black sticky paper with strong double sided tape. Now I have a metal piece there and my USB rechargeable lights can stick on and stay firm. Press each to turn on and press to turn off. Not permanent, but I plan for it to be useful for my road trip next month. Produces a ton of light in a dark area.

Hw97mz8.jpg

qD7sqJU.jpg

mpLICxV.jpg

FzKZPwb.jpg

tORjdj6.jpg

That's a good idea, you can take them off and use them around camp too. Or stick them to hood if you need to work in the engine bay.

Good idea.

leeleatherwood

I just found out today a good friend of mine got a job at Fat Bobs Garage, so I will order through him on July 8th.

I am also debating Kings.... :unsure::unsure::unsure:
I have owned Radflos before, and I loved them. But now I may try Kings instead.

I ordered these King front coilovers today through my friend Tyler Buras at Fat Bobs Garage.

He is a Nissan enthusiast and is very familiar with the F-Alpha platform. Also Fat Bobs Garage is a long time sponsor and supporter of GONE Moab.

I ordered with the adjusters because I have removed the swaybars on my truck already and will be using the adjusters to account for that and reduce body roll. Because I ordered the adjusters the price was more expensive and I will need to order the rear shocks next month.

I can tell you the price I received from Fat Bobs is directly comparable to other major suppliers of Kings.

Tyler called King about the coilovers and they actually had a pair in stock, maybe I will get them very quickly. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne