2nd Generation Tundra Building

PyroZuki

Pretty kool to see someone just get busy on the 2nd gen Tundra! Looks like some good ideas, and executions!

Thanks for sharin. I'm really interested in seein more pictures of this beast, especially finished.

Pyro

bjowett

Adventurer
The front KDSS sway bar has been sucessfully transplanted, the bracket (surrounds the hydraulic cylinder w/ boot) fits the frame like a glove.

kdss1.jpg

kfgk14

Adventurer
You, sir, are a very impressive man. KDSS, supercharger, lockers, IRS, short bed...so many toys. Your wife has two 4wd, locked SUV's, and you have all manner of other toys floating around. Your kids are very, very lucky.
How much money do you have into the truck, from getting it off the lot to making this? Maybe a total is too much to ask, a rough estimate though?
Very sick, any way.

GCecchetto

Adventurer
I would be greatly indebted to you if you could give us all the skinny on the safari snorkel mod. Your build is absolutely over the top by the way.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Yes, Volant does. The owner had his Tundra built up for promotions (first picture) and they made the protoype for it - http://volant.com/edetail.asp?ID=972

Volant-Tundra-039685-39685Tundra.jpg

photo.jpg

201020Tundra.jpg

Prices seem to range from 'predictable' ($385 on Amazon) to ludicrous ($647 at Sears Automotive).

Personally I like the look of the ARB 200-Series snorkel better (though the thicker body sticks out from the fender more), probably because it runs more in a 'straight-back' fashion rather than up the fender at an angle.

IMG_4427-1024x768.jpg

Last edited:

bjowett

Adventurer
The air bag light is currently on due to the seats. A resistor in the harness will likely shut it off.

The snorkel will bolt onto the truck, it lines up up nicely with some of the body lines, but there are gaps in a few places. Some heat was applied to rear of the snorkel to soften it and help it contour to the body a smidge better. I will upload pitures showing the gaps. The supplied snorkel to air box hose was not long enough, so a couple large diameter rubber hoses were used to bridge the gap. Again, pics soon.

IMO, the Volant Snorkel looks small and doesn't flow with the lines of the truck (except the A-pillar). The small size could be a restriction at higher RPM.

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
...**snip**Again, pics soon.

IMO, the Volant Snorkel looks small and doesn't flow with the lines of the truck (except the A-pillar). The small size could be a restriction at higher RPM.

THANKS! Also, I heard that the Volant requires their air intake for it to work...

Looking forward to the pics!

Regards,

BWJ

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
I agree with Switawi...the Safari snorkel looks way better too.
Thanks for getting back to us. I'm nervous drilling a 3"+ hole in my fender with a template...I couldn't imagine pioneering the use of another vehicles template.

Truck is so sweet. BWJ, your truck is no slouch either. Awesome build!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior