37 on stock quigley

java

Expedition Leader
Just get the rapid remover.... I didn't until I was half way done when it was suggested to me. The other half took 1/4 of the time.

It turns the glue to boogers that just wipes off.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
When they pulled the 3M wrap off the side of ours, they used a propane torch to quickly warm the wrap and then started pulling it off. Afterwards they used an industrial version of Goo Gone to clean off the residue. They carefully used a heat gun to warm near edges where there is exposed paint to avoid ruining the paint.

java

Expedition Leader
When they pulled the 3M wrap off the side of ours, they used a propane torch to quickly warm the wrap and then started pulling it off. Afterwards they used an industrial version of Goo Gone to clean off the residue. They carefully used a heat gun to warm near edges where there is exposed paint to avoid ruining the paint.
Yes I used heat gun and then the rapid remover to get the leftover goo off.

cjken

Explorer
Sounds good!!
How long did the whole process take.
Hoping to tackle it soon.
The mini van came off clearly with out leaving residue. Not sure if it will be the same with this.
I’m going to Amazon some rapid remover just in case!!

java

Expedition Leader
Sounds good!!
The mini van came off clearly with out leaving residue. Not sure if it will be the same with this.
A few days a couple hours at a time....

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Sounds good!!

Two guys at the sign shop stripped one side of our ambulance in a couple hours. I’m not sure they did it twice as fast as one... it wasn’t overly efficient to have two working on it.

For an ambulance, one full day... but I’d do it over at least two. A plumbers propane torch would save some time... keep it back a ways and don’t sit in one spot long. A lot will depend on the condition of the wrap... of it comes off easy you’ll be laughing... if it breaks and cracks you’ll be cursing. I’ve found if you get it started, putting some solvent (varsol / paint thinner) along the edge can help. A bottle that allows you to pore or squirt it on helps. Be careful if you’re using heat around solvent. Also wear a respirator or vent very well.

cjken

Explorer
ae5433b0b8b1f6f23ba85705c1a357c6.jpg

Mostly un-warped!!

CaulkinsCo.

Burn them. Any torch will get the rubber burning and then they just fall out. You will get pretty harsh black smoke so maybe keep neighbors in mind before doing it.

CaulkinsCo.

I have recommended fire as a solution to many of my remodel clients, good to see someone finally take my advice.

I think I read in another thread that you're looking into rear springs. Put in a set of 08+ F springs. You have to move the front mount forward on the frame about 8 inches because they're longer and there for better. I have a set in my garage, looks like a 5 inch lift over flat van springs. It's on my short list of things to do but would be nice for someone else to take the plunge before me. Paid $100 for the set with 33k on them.

cjken

Explorer
Thanks for leaf spring idea. I’m going to stay stock however. It rides pretty good as is.

Pulled the turbo to replace the pedestal.
Almost pulled the fuel bowl so I could get a closer look at the HPOP to look for any signs of leaking, but lost patiences and started putting it back together. Did not want to open up a can of worms unnecessarily.
I have a small oil leak I am trying to track down, but it is minor so will just keeps an eye on it.
97e56515eac06c45daff73bd2a1fff11.jpg

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Thanks for leaf spring idea. I’m going to stay stock however. It rides pretty good as is.

Pulled the turbo to replace the pedestal.
Almost pulled the fuel bowl so I could get a closer look at the HPOP to look for any signs of leaking, but lost patiences and started putting it back together. Did not want to open up a can of worms unnecessarily.
I have a small oil leak I am trying to track down, but it is minor so will just keeps an eye on it.
97e56515eac06c45daff73bd2a1fff11.jpg
I feel your pain... getting in there is the biggest drawback to these rigs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz