4 Day Trip In NE Nevada - Pic Heavy

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
Hi folks,

So I only joined a little while ago, but I figured I might post up some photos from this summer's trip around NE Nevada. Nevada is a vast state full of a diverse amount of terrain. I moved here from Chicago 3 years ago, and every day of my life since has been that much better. :wings:

Our first campsite outside Winnemucca. This spot was nice and flat but as soon as the sun went down the wind kicked up and we got sand blasted all night.
04.jpg

10.jpg

The next day we kept heading east to Elko, filled up and then took off north into the Jarbidge Wilderness and the surrounding area, where we spent the next few days. The remaining photos tell all.
03.jpg

22.jpg

07.jpg

29.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

continued...

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
As we got about 40 miles north of Elko, we started noticing the Mormon Crickets. They were EVERYWHERE and there was literally a mormon cricket paste on the roads. The bugs are about 2"-3" long, but harmless and high in protein. :chef:
12.jpg

02.jpg

Campsite #2:
14.jpg

Mining ruins:
11.jpg

10.jpg

31.jpg

My 01 VehiCROSS.
15.jpg

Me and my 91 Trooper.
30.jpg

continued...

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
Day 3 turned out to be the best, fullest day. You know, one of those days were you see a ton, do a ton, and by the time its over every drop of beer tastes like honey and you can't even begin to eat enough food to fill up! :victory:

01.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

12.jpg

10.jpg

continued...

Last edited:

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
At noon we stopped for lunch and then went on a hike up to a few ridges. The views were spectacular.
27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

Me, thoroughly enjoying life.
37.jpg

A little fruitless fishing...
42.jpg

This field we hiked through to get to the lake was BIG. And knarley. But awesome.
52.jpg

I heart snakes.
51.jpg

You know what they say about sheep. :)
44.jpg

continued...

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
45.jpg

35.jpg

Campsite #3.
34.jpg

The next day we drove all morning along a creek and through some beautiful terrain with some fun, light wheeling. The worst thing about this trip was the trail rash.
05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Another fishless lake.
08.jpg

Long stretches of vast openness. Oh what this world must have been like before we ruined it!!
18.jpg

09.jpg

Campsite #4.
11.jpg

continued...

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
The next day we drove back to Reno and picked up my wife & dog and headed back out to the Gabbs, NV area for 2 more days of being outside. Awesome.

Me with another snake saved from certain death on the highway.
04.jpg

Berlin ghost town.
01.jpg

03.jpg

My dog.
01.jpg

Western Fence Lizard.
12.jpg

14.jpg

23.jpg

Berlin from afar.
24.jpg

25.jpg

An awesome end to an awesome week.
29.jpg

END.

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
Great pics thanks for posting.

Can you give us more details on your route?

Sure thing. I-80 east outta Reno to Elko. From Elko, 225 North to Wild Horse Reservoir. From there, take FR037 and follow the signs north to Jarbidge. From Jarbidge, we traveled south out of town on a dirt road that took us up to Bear Creek Summit and Coon Creek Summit. From there we drove south out of National Forest land and then back up along a dirt road that followed the Bruneau River back up into National Forest Land and eventually dumped out back on FR037 somewhere.

The last two days were spent in and around the Berlin/Icthyosaur State Park in central NV near the town of Gabbs.

Both areas are pretty remote. And the more remote the better! :ylsmoke:

Bart

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
Great Country
The Trooper needs more gerry cans...LOL

HA! Yeah, and we used it!!! There is very little gas once you get out of Elko and we covered a lot of terrain. There is one gas station in Jarbidge but its open when its open. I have plans for an actual gas can holder in place of the spare. The spare will go up on the rack eventually.

Nice :cool:

Whats the story on the white cross?

Not sure. That was at the top of a trail where there were some quads running around. Possible a quad accident/death?

Bart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94