$46,000 Dollar Overland Trailer?

akhummer

Didn’t want to highjack the other thread, but who pays $46,000 dollars for a tent trailer? Are there really people out there who are willing to pay that much? Would a bank finance such a purchase?

Attachments

• 54B2A251-D8FB-4795-9F67-4A79EB909416.png
    54B2A251-D8FB-4795-9F67-4A79EB909416.png
    525 KB · Views: 317

akhummer

And there are also people willing to spend 250K on an Earthroamer.

No offense to Earthroamers, but I always thought those who own them as individuals with considerable disposable income, whereas the trailer crowd was looking for an economical alternative to a high priced adventure rig that they could pull with their daily driver. I just wonder what the market is for a $46,000 tent trailer. Don’t mean to be critical, just curious.

TGK

No offense to Earthroamers, but I always thought those who own them as individuals with considerable disposable income, whereas the trailer crowd was looking for an economical alternative to a high priced adventure rig that they could pull with their daily driver. I just wonder what the market is for a $46,000 tent trailer. Don’t mean to be critical, just curious.
Earthroamers are way out of my league. Through it out there as another example of the relative affordability of recreational vehicles depending on ones means. Always amazes me that there is that large of a market for them. Having said that, walk down to any of the large marinas in Puget Sound and one realizes there's an awful lot of $$ tied up at those docks. The Earthroamers are kind of yachts on wheels for off pavement. No different than a motorhome.

john61ct

Adventurer
People pay that much for an airline flight or one night in a hotel, way too much cash sloshing around among our oligarchies…

Just because you're wealthy doesn't mean you don't enjoy roughing it.

Or wannabe, so buy the toys to fit the image you want.

Rbertalotto

Explorer
I am so out of the loop on the prices for most EVERYTHING these days. But $40,000 pickup truck campers (no engine, wheels tires, transmission, brakes , etc, etc, etc) and now that I'm getting into offroad camping and looking at camping trailers of upwards of $30,000 WITHOUT A RTT!

I need to start another business building these things if that is what folks will pay!

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Inflation does push up prices...

Besides a quality trailer is going to cost a lot more than the generic junk that is many of the options on the market. When you have a low production volume design, it going to cost more. Just the economies of scale.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Not going to lie, I find that price grotesquely over inflated.

The Patriot campers are nice, but they aren’t $40k nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz