4Door Bronco build

big a

Adventurer
Wow!!! This thing is amazing!!!! It's gonna be real hard to wheel this thing with all the care put into it. Man, a scratch would kill me! Awesome work Patl!
-Andy

patl

Adventurer
I've got another Bronco set up for East coast style wheeling, Andy. This one is being built for traveling West to the state and national parks along with some open desert camping and a few shows every year. But hey, I don't plan for it to be a trailer queen. We built it and if it gets a scratch or dent we'll fix it.

003.JPG

Wheels and tires are on for good and flares are being mounted. Hopefully by the end of this week I can take a picture with front doors and top all on so I can submit an article to Bronco Driver Magazine for their next issue.

big a

Adventurer
That's awesome Pat! I don't even know ya, but I like u!!! I bet your family is gonna love it!!! My wife and kids are looking forward to the day when I'm done with mine and can do the same!!! Stellar work my friend!!!!
-Andy

patl

Adventurer
Flares turned out nice. They are a Duff flare that was only sold for a short time a few years back. They were imported from Australia and had problems with quality control, so they quit buying them. Super nice and flexible. Had these put aside to go on my other Bronco, but I think this is a better use.

flares 002.JPG

Front doors had to be repainted due to a lock issue not matching. Haven't figured that one out yet. Should be back next couple of days. Top should be painted by Wednesday.

grimbo

Explorer
They are nice flares, I'm pretty sure I had set of Samurai ones from the same manufacturer here in Oz. Took some heavy hits without any damage

patl

Adventurer
Front bumper built except for the stinger. Just a short one to mount a couple of 4" Led's. Hood went on today after a rassle with hinges and shims. Looks good, but could have been about 3/8" longer. Rear bumper is bent and tacked together. Tomorrow we will weld it out. Doors are due back from re-paint tomorrow afternoon. Top should be ready Saturday. Can't wait to see it all together.

008.JPG

patl

Adventurer
Rear bumper built except for fuel can carrier. Turned out a little massive.

Rear bumper 001.JPG

Doors are back from paint and will go on Monday. Top will be ready Monday as well. Finally coming together.

patl

Adventurer
Top back from paint and loaded on the trailer to take to the upholster guys for headliner and speakers. Looks much better than the gelcoat.

Top painted 002.JPG

Doors are being installed for the final time along with all glass and hardware.

patl

Adventurer
Hey buddy- yeah it's been a busy week. Steering wheel, front seats, tailgate, front doors (loaded out) all installed. We are picking up the top this AM from upholstery, and will have it and rear doors on this evening.

Then off to Larry's to get the bumpers sand blasted and on to Mike's for powder coat. Sourced a nice set of spindles for the fuel and tire carriers from Competition 4x4. These things are massive and with the double shear bracket should handle the 37" tire with no problem. Even Thomas was impressed, and that takes a lot. Those guys know how to build them!

Friday will try for exhaust if the weather isn't too bad. What is really impressive is how Thomas' family pulls together when they go into show mode. They show up every evening after their day jobs and work late without complaint. Thanks Tommy and Mike.

patl

Adventurer
Things are finally coming together. Top back on, doors on working and fitting correctly, and bumpers mounted. Still needs a little cleaning and detail work to be done, but we're getting close.

023.JPG

024.JPG

021.JPG

Our friend Chad has been by the last 2 nights to help out. It's nice having some one who's restored a couple of Broncos and knows what needs to be done. He just went right to it. Thanks, buddy.
Here's a preview of what it will look like when we are going down the road. My little camera can hardy do it justice.

patl

Adventurer
Massive Competition 4x4 spindle set. Thomas figured out how to mount the pop pin where it would be handy but out of the way.

002.JPG

patl

Adventurer
Thanks guys-
Thomas didn't think at first white could be made to look good, but it's all about the details. Repainting the top was a pain, but necessary, and I'm glad we did. It really ties it all together. The rear bumper was the booger. It took a week just for it alone with the tire and fuel can carriers. If I had asked to add just one more detail, I believe Thomas would have strangled me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94