4x4 Roadtrek Tundra - Mercedes Sprinter Van

LoRoad

Adventurer
Anyone know anything about this? It was seen at an RV show here in the States, but is nowhere on their site.

IMG_20170919_082401.jpg

Last edited:

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
It doesn't look like it's a Roadtrek. If it was, it would have those 3 bay windows on the high top. They would also want their logo/name on there too.

kcernest

Observer
Me neither, I meant that literally. Promotional staging or something...I think the rig looks awesome, just those rocks don't look right to me:squint:

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I doubt that this photo is from North America - one of the banners is for a brand called "Hymer" which is a german brand that isn't sold in the USA.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
I doubt that this photo is from North America - one of the banners is for a brand called "Hymer" which is a german brand that isn't sold in the USA.

I believe Hymer took a large stake in an american RV manufacturer. Winnebago? Which explains the Euro-ish Revel they recently released.

That being said, I have a hard time seeing this van being available in the USA. Those Arctic and snow road conversions are much more common in far north Europe and Scandinavia where they can be necessary to reach tourist locations in the winter.

rontaki

Observer
I believe Hymer took a large stake in an american RV manufacturer. Winnebago? Which explains the Euro-ish Revel they recently released.

Hymer has teamed up with Roadtrek in November 2015, to have them build Hymer motorhomes in North America.

I'm not aware of any deal with Winnebago, however. Just my humble observation that Winnebago has seen the demand for real 4x4 adventure campers and decided to get in on the act.

If anyone needs someone to test the competency of a Revel, just let me know...:drool:

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Yeah, I think you are right, it was Roadtrek. Maybe they can get them to stop using staples and MDF for cabinets? lol....

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
Yeah not bashing but the articulation doesn't look very good

Who cares about articulation on snow?

It doesn't look like it's a Roadtrek. If it was, it would have those 3 bay windows on the high top. They would also want their logo/name on there too.

My apologies, you're right. It has a Roadtrek banner. Plus the Hymer banner in the back who are the owners of Roadtrek: Link to article.

Where did you find that photo?

Keyne

Adventurer
Hymer bought Roadtrek and they are now one company.

Also they don’t use staples in their cabinets from what I can see. I wouldn’t want to take Roadtrek off-road other than a gravel fire road but I haven’t seen staples in mine anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior