4x4 Sunrader Build Out

DzlToy

Explorer
So sorry to hear that you sold your beloved Sunrader. Diamond/FROR or any number of other companies could have easily matched your ring and pinion ratio and bolt pattern, while improving weight rating to carry the camper.

As you probably now know, those 4Runners (I have owned an 85 and an 87), were really light duty trucks. They were not meant to carry bulky or heavy loads. Hopefully the new owners are enjoying Amelia with an upgraded rear axle. An air bag system for ride control and leveling would not go amiss if you are still in touch with them.

Looking forward to the Tundra/Mainline thread, please link it here when you start it. I read this thread from start to finish and watched all 13 videos.

Cheers

So sorry to hear that you sold your beloved Sunrader. Diamond/FROR or any number of other companies could have easily matched your ring and pinion ratio and bolt pattern, while improving weight rating to carry the camper.

As you probably now know, those 4Runners (I have owned an 85 and an 87), were really light duty trucks. They were not meant to carry bulky or heavy loads. Hopefully the new owners are enjoying Amelia with an upgraded rear axle. An air bag system for ride control and leveling would not go amiss if you are still in touch with them.

Looking forward to the Tundra/Mainline thread, please link it here when you start it. I read this thread from start to finish and watched all 13 videos.

Cheers

Yeah, in hindsight there were plenty of options. At the time we were really flustered and at our wit's end and it was certainly a bit of a rushed decision. We do talk to the new owners from time to time and I'm definitely letting them know about all the great feedback people have offered. We'll get around to the Tundra build soon. It's kind of weird because it won't be nearly as detailed since we didn't do that much compared with the Sunrader. We'll try and make it interesting though!

And for those interested in a "video tour" here it is. It's really more of a slideshow with MAK talking about the truck. We lost the video we actually shot for a tour because of a corrupted SD card.

So that concludes the build. If you guys have any questions about it, we're happy to answer them. We received SO much help during this 9 month process and we love being able to do the same for others. Thanks for following along and we'll see you down the road!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94