Trailtop 4.5 by 8' using glue & go Trailtop fiberglass Components. Fiberglass skin any dummy can do

opp

Observer
Yes . My father in law has the prototype His job is to beat the hell out of it . What do you think of the concept?

opp

Observer
The last step be for the hardest part. Not to bulge the outer skins.With the backfill with a softer foam .That what make this far superior to any way of building for longevity. Turns the whole trailer in on big bumper. Think of a mattress with many layers of foam .Hard Fiberglass Skelton frame with a bit of flex. Many free floating Skins with a lot flexible. Softer foam pushing on outer skin. Behind that high dense foam. Then inter fiberglass skin All fiberglass molded hand laid .Not a thing to rot are rust in the pod

Attachments

• fb skin.jpg
    fb skin.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 30
  • fb skin1.jpg
    fb skin1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 30

opp

Observer
.Merci d'avoir regardé
Last panel installed, foamed and glassed insided
Started my .Your a cheap ass bedliner. I have never used on wood but fiberglass steel, Filon siding,aluminum .. If you need to remove have to grind off and use heat gun. Plan in my 3 coats of clear after the first layer . To fog some silver paint from 5 feet away then two more coats of clear. I needed it to be cheap easy to repair from things I could receive from walmart. Cost to do whole trailer under $60.00 US
Been working about 15 minutes a week for a long time on this trailer Rust-oulm oil base paint & sandblasting media Will not wick water like some bedliner
You do not mix with paint . One wet layer of paint then blasting media . After it tack one wet layer wet pant to lock.After a bit go over to to remove paint from pores

Attachments

• tyu 002.jpg
    tyu 002.jpg
    874.9 KB · Views: 23
  • tyu 003.jpg
    tyu 003.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 29
  • tyu 004.jpg
    tyu 004.jpg
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 33
  • tyu 005.jpg
    tyu 005.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 28

opp

Observer
Finished my your a cheap as# bed liner used play sand .A bit of glitter in the clear coat. When we order a bit of axles all but one was 58 wide. it was 57'' and the last one .The pod is 58'' Wide .So will use a poc-light frame .Had to do some cutting out on the sides.

Attachments

• slin 002.jpg
    slin 002.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 32
  • th 014.jpg
    th 014.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 26

opp

Observer

Attachments

• d 002.jpg
    d 002.jpg
    951 KB · Views: 11
  • d 003.jpg
    d 003.jpg
    945.1 KB · Views: 11
  • d 007.jpg
    d 007.jpg
    989.6 KB · Views: 11
  • d 005.jpg
    d 005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11

opp

Observer
one of the nice things about diy fiberglass .Just no way to mess up everything is a easy fix. Fond on this build could add 6'' to the door height. About 10 minuets work kl 012.jpg

Attachments

• kl 013.jpg
    kl 013.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • kl 013.jpg
    kl 013.jpg
  • l 002.jpg
    l 002.jpg

opp

Observer
Merci d'avoir lu
I don't get it why so many wast cash. trying to fake a real fiberglass skin when so easy to make your own. The hist in cost of crap-thon filon. hard to fix . heavy weak as me. When you have real fiberglass not chopper-gun crap .You will not be doing that at home.
It is the woven glass that makes it so strong You have a string that runs the whole length of panel. If you plan to use epoxy there no hope for you . most that post you have to use epoxy are pis that that they wasted all that cash .
#1 find anything flat . Wife's dining table is the best day before Thanksgiving. Wax a lot. If you have gel-coat that nice . But if not no big deal . paint out gel-coat let it tack. add first layer of mat .With dollar store roller wet out mat . When not white good to be. then a layer of woven wet to clear point at last layer of mat . a bit less MEKP harder. THEN TAKE THE RIGHT F### foam pull off all the paper .rough up the RIGHT FOAM and add a lot of HOLES AT AN ANGLE Helps locks the RIGHT FOAM from up and down movement and side ways . After it cures lay top layers ( that will be in side no sanding on the out side . on first layer of mat make it sloppy with resin so it will run down RIGHT FOAM and bridge the RIGHT FOAM ,
If you did not use gel-coat will need to run a skim coat of body filler.
r 002.jpg

r 003.jpg
Picture 469.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles