6.0 Diesel Van Exhaust Options

epinfRN

Anyone have any resources for aftermarket exhaust for diesel Econoline vans? All I've been able to find hitherto is for 7.3s. Does anyone make a 4" or larger system for the 6.0 PSD? Surely I can't be the only one who's run into this problem. My googling has been quite unsuccessful, so I appreciate the hive mind's support.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Bigger down pipes are nearly impossible w/o compromises. We use a Diamond Eye 6.0 truck kit that we modify for the van with the stock down pipe.

oddball4x4

Bigger down pipes are nearly impossible w/o compromises. We use a Diamond Eye 6.0 truck kit that we modify for the van with the stock down pipe.

Chris, what kind of compromise are you referring to? I assume an oversize downpipe would not be able to hae any heat insulation on it. So would the doghouse start burning up? to much interior noise? Or something else that would be less apparent?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Chris, what kind of compromise are you referring to? I assume an oversize downpipe would not be able to hae any heat insulation on it. So would the doghouse start burning up? to much interior noise? Or something else that would be less apparent?

It will either rub the body, transmission or the trans dip stick tube. We once got a van that had a larger down pipe so I asked what/how they did and he told me "we just eliminated the dipstick" What?!?!?

I should say that if someone with particular talents wanted a larger downpipe they could do it, anything is possible if you throw enough $$ at it.

oddball4x4

@ujoint - Yeah I'm not sure I would choose to go that route... That being said most new trans designs are omitting the dipstick anyways it seems.

I was playing with the idea reworking the floor/doghouse to maybe enable a larger downpipe but it just doesn't seem worth it to me. In my application, 11,000lbs of ambulance was never made to race around anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior