6 speed manual vs automatic

vanguard

Adventurer
asteffes said:
Oh, interesting. My mistake then. I thought one needed the auto to get the maximum towing capacity Tacoma.
It's cool. :)

I learned more about the options on the tacoma as I checked this out. Before I started I thought the tow package was just a hitch and tranny cooler for autos. As I look at it more carefully the tow package has some nice things in it for people that go off-road.

toyota web page said:
Class-4 towing hitch, transmission oil cooler (automatic transmission models), supplemental engine oil cooler, heavy-duty battery, 130-amp alternator and 7-pin connector with converter

asteffes

Explorer
Yep. It also includes an existing connector under the dash for a trailer brake controller (Prodigy, for example.) They include a wiring harness connector with pigtails to splice to the controller's harness. This makes for a clean, reliable and plug-in installation with no hacking of the truck's existing wiring harness. I thought it was a very nice touch.

david despain

Adventurer
fuel milage differences?

what type of fuel milage differences are there between the two on the new tacomas? what kind of numbers are you guys seening in the real world?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier