60% seat delete platform/storage DIY

Fritzoc

Observer
Just finished up the third iteration of a 60% seat platform. This is the first one that includes pulling the seat. first two were just over the folded seat. Reality for me is that I’ve used that side twice in two years, so out with the 60%. This version was finished today. Very happy with the results for me.
a7be030de12b85c3cbdf15b20691093d.jpg

f12c1f34bae0985998c1dc186151a3e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pith helmet

Just finished up the third iteration of a 60% seat platform. This is the first one that includes pulling the seat. first two were just over the folded seat. Reality for me is that I’ve used that side twice in two years, so out with the 60%. This version was finished today. Very happy with the results for me.
a7be030de12b85c3cbdf15b20691093d.jpg

f12c1f34bae0985998c1dc186151a3e5.jpg

Nice work. After a long time without rear seats, I think I’m about to put the 40 back in. I would prefer the 40 was on the passenger side like in my truck. Nice to have that cargo area on the driver’s side.

Old Tanker

Nice work. After a long time without rear seats, I think I’m about to put the 40 back in. I would prefer the 40 was on the passenger side like in my truck. Nice to have that cargo area on the driver’s side.

I agree, but keeping the rear driver's side seat allows you to fully recline the driver's seat for a nap in place.

Mappo

That looks great. Ive been planning on building something like this for my truck for a while now. Are those rings are the top for lifting it open or do they lock it also? Thanks!

Fritzoc

Observer
That looks great. Ive been planning on building something like this for my truck for a while now. Are those rings are the top for lifting it open or do they lock it also? Thanks!

Thanks. They are locking slam latches typically used in marine applications. These are plastic. I’m concerned about their ability to withstand any significant force so I ordered the same latches in stainless steel. Will swap out when they arrive later this week. I really like how they operate.

BorealOverland

Hi, that looks great man nice work, carpet looks nice also!

Today i also deleted the "60" seat behind the driver side in my Outlander.
Saves a lot of weight and man does it creates extra space.
I will only make a floor plate with carpet for now, and maybe a sleeping platform over it later on.

One question.. how would you acces your gear when there's a fridge or something on top?
Or do you only throw bags and lightweight stuff on top of the lid.

Cheers, Steve.

COAKXterra

I pulled the 40 side from our power wagon to build a dedicated platform for our dog. Was debating on the 60 side, but the 40 has the storage underneath it while the 60 is the factory subwoofer, and I didnt want to have to pull the kiddos car seat to get in there, and the wife wanted to keep another seat spot back there in case kiddo wanted company.

our pup weighs 130lbs, so wanted something more substantial than the fold-out platform ram has.

so ended up with this. maintains floor storage, and access to the storage cubby. Drilled vent holes to allow air movement from under-seat vents. Probably going to add some storage (think seat-back storage) on the back vertical panel under the rear window. trimmed up a Kong dog crate mat to fit the spot.

only real pain is that I lost access to the under-floor bin, unless I decide to cut/trim the floor mat… just not there yet.

Attachments

• IMG_4661.jpeg
    IMG_4661.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4662.jpeg
    IMG_4662.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4660.jpeg
    IMG_4660.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 37

grizzlypath

I did the same! Adds a ton more open storage. I made mine to be able to quickly remove/reinstall the 60% seat if I had to.

60-percent.jpg

Attachments

• rear platform.jpg
    rear platform.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94