7” headlight upgrade 100 series

kcernest

Observer
Can you post some pics with hood up(mounting points and such) as well as blinkers in?
This is just what I need, dang near all the clips/mounting points are busted off my front lights and I was going to buy a whole new setup. It's looking like it's going to be yours!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

kelly saad

Can you post some pics with hood up(mounting points and such) as well as blinkers in?
This is just what I need, dang near all the clips/mounting points are busted off my front lights and I was going to buy a whole new setup. It's looking like it's going to be yours!

Yea, I can do that tomorrow. The mount points are solid, super strong. The whole housing is welded 12 gauge steel. I think most LC headlights are cracked or broken at the mounts, if not they will be. I have sold 5 sets this week. If you want in now let me know.

kcernest

Observer
I'm still waiting for some up close pics and underhood shots. All the pics you have posted are from 15 feet in front of the truck.
I zoomed in on the closest one you posted and it looks like the buckets are tack welded and fit poorly, can see daylight around the edges, lines don't flow well.

We really need some better pics.

kelly saad

Sorry, I’m really busy and this is not my real job. It’s a hobby/fun job that I do because I really enjoy it and love Land Cruisers. I was waiting until I get the next batch of laser cut headlights, then I will build them and take up close pictures. These are prototypes and aren’t the best looking finished product to show up close.

These are made from 12 gauge steel and have drainage slots all throughout the inner frame. Also, the frame parts have weld points that act as drainage, but are there because I can’t run a full bead on all the pieces. Perhaps that is what you are seeing with the light coming through?

These aren’t for everyone, sorry you hear that you feel the lines don’t flow, I did my best with the design, and was a lot of complex work. I have sold many grilles on Ih8mud with extremely satisfied customers, so I assure you that my finished product is not sloppy or fit poorly in any way. I sincerely thank you for the honesty anyway, it’s good to hear all views.

kcernest

Observer
Not trying to be a ********, just want to know what I'm getting you know? I'll stay tuned, to your website as well. When you get these things finalized I'm sure you'll have me as a customer.

RND1

Observer
Great job Kelly finishing up this design and getting it to market. I know you went through several iterations and I think you nailed the lines of the bucket. As you begin to sell the finished product, I'd love to see these on a stock 100 powder coated or painted black (if you have any local mudders near you).

I think these look awesome on the 80 series because of the flat front. Doesn't look as natural to me on the 100, but it's growing on me.

kelly saad

Not trying to be a ********, just want to know what I'm getting you know? I'll stay tuned, to your website as well. When you get these things finalized I'm sure you'll have me as a customer.

It’s all good, no problem. Soon I will be able to have a good presentation.

kelly saad

Great job Kelly finishing up this design and getting it to market. I know you went through several iterations and I think you nailed the lines of the bucket. As you begin to sell the finished product, I'd love to see these on a stock 100 powder coated or painted black (if you have any local mudders near you).

I think these look awesome on the 80 series because of the flat front. Doesn't look as natural to me on the 100, but it's growing on me.
Thank you! I have sold several now so we should soon have some examples to view other than mine.

kelly saad

I'm still waiting for some up close pics and underhood shots. All the pics you have posted are from 15 feet in front of the truck.
I zoomed in on the closest one you posted and it looks like the buckets are tack welded and fit poorly, can see daylight around the edges, lines don't flow well.

We really need some better pics.

Here is a final headlight housing ready to ship out. Shown here bare metal, once blasted and powder coated it will look nice. I eliminated a couple visible welds on the inner bucket. Also, somewhat concealed a couple other welds by relocating them under the center of the headlight. The visible welds are clean and smooth. Turn signal connects to the housing with a clip on the bottom and screw on top. Adapters are available from the Land Cruiser wiring to an H4, so no cutting of wires. The headlight mount is attached with nuts on threaded studs. These offer even more adjustments if needed.

Attachments

• F5FD9E0D-185D-4328-BD1C-6F3DE4099850.jpeg
    F5FD9E0D-185D-4328-BD1C-6F3DE4099850.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 28
  • 9B78139F-B784-419D-8831-E07C465C80F9.jpeg
    9B78139F-B784-419D-8831-E07C465C80F9.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 28
  • CDB65841-C7EF-4DB3-A822-C43705CA4343.jpeg
    CDB65841-C7EF-4DB3-A822-C43705CA4343.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 9ED86D7B-7188-4AF9-8E23-BB9448F9D752.jpeg
    9ED86D7B-7188-4AF9-8E23-BB9448F9D752.jpeg