7.3 Pre-emptive Preventative Maintenance

D

Deleted member 215671

google riffraff diesel performance or diesel o rings. they have been in the 7.3l game longer than most. I would also advise you to inspect the wire harness for the glow plugs and the under the cover valve cover harness. 20 yrs of heat and oil can cause the UVCH to melt, rub spots, and cause misses, spoke, rough idle, poor performance etc. I would also carry a spare fuel filter. If you ever get bad fuel you can pull the sandy/nasty filter out and replace it. I would also inspect your intercooler boots. odd are your uppipes are cracked and the intercooler boots are about done. riffraff diesel has nice kits that are for once above motorcraft quality and will last a long time.

if you don't wana spend $$$ on oem motorcraft hpop lines look up cncfab llc. he makes braided steel line replacements that eliminate a few of the common o rings. its an affordable upgrade hpop line kit for the oldbodystyle ford and the 99.2003 7.3l etc.

ps. I have and currently run the strictlydiesel dipstick adapter. its pricey but worth every penny. John woods also mods and sells custom valvebodys for the e4rod and 4r100s. It has been a nice improvement for me. Mostly for towing but also helps the transmission use some of the little power from the 7.3l more effeftively.

Also I have nothing bad to say about john woods but he is $$$$$ Brian truck truck and sam wyse make very affordable upgrade e4rods and 4r100s and they make them for tow pigs, sled pullers, drag trucks, and all the in betweens if they are more affordable for you I am going with Sam wyse when mine tires out.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Great and timely thread. I'm putting together a list of spring projects for me and a shop as well for my 2003 7.3. Thanks for bringing this up.

Don

-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior