7.3 van boost numbers

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
saw this post before a camping trip this past weekend and paid attention since I didn't know stock boost numbers. I believe I have a tc 6 position tuner as well (with only 4 positions) and always run the 75 tune since I don't have supporting mods for the higher hp levels. I saw 19.9 lbs a few times going up a steep grade at low speeds.

my uppipes leaked bad and it was obvious once I removed the doghouse. I replaced the gaskets once and they lasted a couple years. then I switched to the bellowed uppipe kit and haven't had any issues since. look at the drivers side uppipe in this pic below...

sizeimage.php

and my van with 33's and 4:10's wasn't a dog per say, but putting on an exhaust and a tuner did help quite a bit.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Up pipes, turbo boots, the valve on the turbo that restricts boost when it is cold, restricted air intake, restricted fuel flow.

All of these will cause it to be a dog. Search for a thread I had regarding boost problems.

FDM2012

Adventurer
Ummm, I am running 36'' MTZ's on my 11k rig, and it has tons of power.

Of course, it also has several mods, but I normally just run in the 60hp tow tune. I do have to watch my EGT's,
but this thing runs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz