98 Wrangler Soft Top replacement

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
My friend is looking to replace the soft top on his 98 Wrangler.

Any recomendations from you jeep guys?

Price range $400-600

Thanks!

CLynn85

Explorer
If he's looking for just the canvas for the OEM frame you can't go wrong with the Bestop Sailcloth top. Friend of mine has one and it's like riding in mine with the hardtop. None of the flapping that's associated with the factory top.

I have a Bestop supertop since I didn't have the factory soft top when I bought the jeep. It's nice but a bit more complicated than the factory setup.

If I had to do it again though, I'd get one of those new frameless soft tops. They look a little different but the ability to switch between full top and bikini in a flash, and built in storage is really appealing. And no frame to fight with.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Wil,
Bestop Replace-A-Top Sailcloth is the ticket, as Carl suggested. Its just replacement canvas and windows, as it uses one's factory hardware.

JPFreek1

Explorer
Send an email to Mike at 4x4rockshop.com (info@4x4rockshop.com). He owns a Jeep parts online store, www.4x4rockshop.com, and if you mention our publication (JPFreek), he'll give a discount on his products. He's a good guy and has a good inventory of stuff and will be happy to help you or your friend out. Good luck!

Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles