9800 Mile!!! 2006 Rubicon Unlimited LJ

Vegastoy

Observer
I wheeled an 05 LJ Rubicon 6 speed with a 4" short arm lift and 35" tires for a couple years and never broke anything. I also thought the 35's were about perfect with the 6 speed manual and the stock 4.10's.

Will you be able to beat the crap out of it and expect no breakage? Probably not, but you can't do that with a JK or JL either... At least if your in an LJ you won't look like every other soccer mom at the stop light.

Put this thing on bring a trailer!

Coarsegold1

I wheeled an 05 LJ Rubicon 6 speed with a 4" short arm lift and 35" tires for a couple years and never broke anything. I also thought the 35's were about perfect with the 6 speed manual and the stock 4.10's.

Will you be able to beat the crap out of it and expect no breakage? Probably not, but you can't do that with a JK or JL either... At least if your in an LJ you won't look like every other soccer mom at the stop light.

Put this thing on bring a trailer!
We are definitely of like mind. On the Rubi, with the 4.46 first gear on the manual, you have ~ 73.1 crawl ratio. Plenty low to let the vehicle do the work and find its grove without hammering on it. I thought about BAT, and may still consider it in spring. I'm leaning pretty strongly against cutting this one up, so I'll likely simply wait for the right buyer and enjoy it a bit in the meantime as I search for the right LJ tub to start with.

Speaking of enjoying it, before I did the Jeep's photos for the listing, we took it up to the snow for a play day. So much fun!!!
DSC04536.jpg
DSC04550.jpg
DSC04565.jpg
DSC04576.jpg

TripLeader

Explorer
I think this is a beauty. Of course I am the biased owner of a silver '05 LJ Rubicon.

All these replies prove it's a very intriguing find, which becomes even more provacative due to the condition, miles, and age.