KRONK , my 99 obs tahoe(for sale)

Smileyshaun

Observer
-
-
Nice Rig! I love my 2-door! But I wish it was 4-door at times so that the kids could get in and out easier.
-
-
Here's mine:
-
-
31191802251_810ce5c0ed_b.jpg

-
-
Casey

I never knew Tahoes came in a diesel, that's awesome!!!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I'm not a fan of the newer Tahoes with the square side styling.
My wife and I agree the Tahoe seats are very comfortable. I love the rounder,more aerodynamic body.
We've got a 2-door Tahoe with straight axle conversion in the 'hood here.

Smileyshaun

Observer
Yep. For some odd reason, GM did not offer the diesel in the 4 door Tahoe, just the 2-doors and the Suburbans. There are a lot more diesel Suburbans than there are diesel Tahoes.

Casey

It's odd what stuff the manufacturer will bundle together with certain models . The fiancé bought a forester last year and you cannot get leather seats with a manual transmission, even though we had to order it from subaru because we couldn't find a white one with a manual and the all weather package they still couldn't pop leather seats in it .

Smileyshaun

Observer
Well I still haven't had a chance to go out in the Tahoe and test it , took it up to go snowshoeing but that's about it . Got some more maintenance stuff done , put in new upper control arms and lower ball joints .

Happen to stop by a local habitat for humanity re-store shop , wanted to see what they had to hopefully pick up some odds and ends for wedding decorations but they really didn't have much in old wood or clocks ( fiancé wants to do like a mad hatter tea party with miss matched China and clocks ) but they where having 50% off all cabinets soooooo I picked up a skinny cabinet hoping to use it as a built in box over the wheel well . It ended up being a little to wide but it was the perfect size for a fold up shelf on the barn door , needs some trimming and some cables or chains to help hold it up but for 6$ I call it a win

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Smileyshaun

Observer
Forgot to add the pics , I swear I have the attention span of a house fly
237428f54573040d43c18de409e1a094.jpg
ae9e359e10f2b2a4cc076d86d56eba65.jpg
dd83e89a6462c111d02e9daf006471c5.jpg
445ae581ba6e9afca520aa9be1bc5815.jpg

Smileyshaun

Observer
Again not the Tahoe but now I can finally get the duel cases together on my jeep project, probably should just start a thread on it
be6f2966630ec37fbe3f62f2c093e776.jpg

Smileyshaun

Observer
haven't updated this in a while and for the most part nothing has really changed . Mostly been using it for playing in the snow and mini road trips . did make 2 big changes, had to put a transmission in it and I made a winch bumper
all bumpers start with a little cad design.

I find it very time saving to build it off a winch plate

figuring out my angles

bending some metal

trimming off some fat

burning in the mounts

Last edited:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Can't say I'm surprised about the transmission. My 4L60 went out at 149k. At least mine "failed safe" and I was able to "limp" home in 2nd gear. That was good news as I was 100 miles from home pulling the trailer with the wife, dog and 2 kayaks on board. Made it through the Eisenhower Tunnel (11,000' elevation) with no issues, just slow in 2nd.

My rebuild was $2k. According to the rebuilder, he used stronger parts than the stock ones that came with it so (knock wood) it should be good for at least another 100k miles, certainly longer than I'll keep the truck.

Nice looking bumper, BTW! I'm jealous of your snow, we got hardly any this year and it looks like it may be a bad fire season for us!

Smileyshaun

Observer
Can't say I'm surprised about the transmission. My 4L60 went out at 149k. At least mine "failed safe" and I was able to "limp" home in 2nd gear. That was good news as I was 100 miles from home pulling the trailer with the wife, dog and 2 kayaks on board. Made it through the Eisenhower Tunnel (11,000' elevation) with no issues, just slow in 2nd.

My rebuild was $2k. According to the rebuilder, he used stronger parts than the stock ones that came with it so (knock wood) it should be good for at least another 100k miles, certainly longer than I'll keep the truck.

Nice looking bumper, BTW! I'm jealous of your snow, we got hardly any this year and it looks like it may be a bad fire season for us!

mine was the sungear , I lost reverse and had Chunks of metal in the pan . hopefully this one holds together lol

Smileyshaun

Observer
got tired of the tires sticking so far outside the wheel wells so got some new rims and pulled the add a leaf to lower it some .

need to adjust the front down a little but it rides so much better now

DailyExpedition

I’m running a 98 Yukon, love these gmt400’s and I love the barn doors, I’ve done everything from closed door storage, open storage, mounting tools and a fold down table. As far as drivetrain stuff goes, yea there’s more reliable setups out there but if you take care of your vehicle (like us) you’ll have no issues, I’ve had very little, a kinked wire for the dash switch, and a torn up transfer case because of the previous owner. Otherwise nothin! I would love to SAS her but I’ve got no experience with that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier