A few good Jeeps...

HongerVenture

Adventurer
Hey guys, as Section Editor for the Expedition Vehicles section of the Portal, I was noticing I'm a little lean on Jeeps. I have one in the hopper, a Wrangler, but I need a few more. As a guideline, I'm looking for rigs that are at about the 40% or more stage in terms of completion. Of course, if you are a stock Jeep with MTR's and take 40 trips a year I'm not going to be very legalistic about it. So, instead of PM'ing people and gauging their interest I thought I'd stick my neck out and ask for some volunteers. If you are interested, shoot me an e-mail at jericson *at* tds *dot* net.

Thanks,
Joel:victory:

smbisig

Adventurer
HongerVenture said:
Hey guys, as Section Editor for the Expedition Vehicles section of the Portal, I was noticing I'm a little lean on Jeeps. I have one in the hopper, a Wrangler, but I need a few more. As a guideline, I'm looking for rigs that are at about the 40% or more stage in terms of completion. Of course, if you are a stock Jeep with MTR's and take 40 trips a year I'm not going to be very legalistic about it. So, instead of PM'ing people and gauging their interest I thought I'd stick my neck out and ask for some volunteers. If you are interested, shoot me an e-mail at jericson *at* tds *dot* net.

Thanks,

Ha ha, are any Jeeps 40% or more complete? (I'm a Jeep owner)

smbisig

Adventurer
HongerVenture said:

Thanks,

Email Sent!

Wanderlusty

Explorer
Shucks....I am only at 20%....:xxrotflma

Seriously, I wish I was further along than I am. All I have to sport above stock is lift, tires, and a tow strap.

Does it make it 40% if I load in my camping gear? :camping:

articulate

Expedition Leader
smbisig said:
Ha ha, are any Jeeps 40% or more complete? (I'm a Jeep owner)
:p Nice!

Joel, I'm looking foward to the day when you do a piece on someone's Commander. That would make a perfect addition.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I always enjoy reading Joel's write ups. For a suggestion from a curious reader who enjoys seeing what others have built, I'd like to see more on Gear/Justin's Rubicon with Adventure Trailer in tow -

Rubicon_air.JPG

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Joel,
You were in a dream I had later this summer ... it wasn't inappropriate in any way - I think it might have been ExPo-related. I don't know what you look like, but I knew it was you because you were wearing a t-shirt that said, "HongerVenture".

crawldit

Adventurer
HongerVenture said:

Thanks,

I don't want to sound like a complete idiot BUT :p What exactly are you looking for? Built Jeeps or Jeeps that are in the process (is it a write up on the build)? I'm sorry, it's been a long day and I need a nice cup of Starbucks :coffee:

JPFreek1

Explorer
I'm relatively close to finishing up my Jeep. All I need is a roof rack and larger tires (and an AT trailer). ;)

HongerVenture

Adventurer
crawldit said:
I don't want to sound like a complete idiot BUT :p What exactly are you looking for? Built Jeeps or Jeeps that are in the process (is it a write up on the build)? I'm sorry, it's been a long day and I need a nice cup of Starbucks :coffee:

No problem bud...

I'm looking for built Jeeps or Jeeps in the process. If you are using it for vehicle dependent travel then I'm interested. The 40% comment is very subjective and just meant to be a rough guideline. Chances are if you are questioning whether or not you meet the guideline then you probably do! In any case, express interest either here or by e-mail and I'll be sending you a Word document with questions and info to fill out... then we'll go from there.

:ylsmoke:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
kcowyo said:
I always enjoy reading Joel's write ups. For a suggestion from a curious reader who enjoys seeing what others have built, I'd like to see more on Gear/Justin's Rubicon with Adventure Trailer in tow -

Rubicon_air.JPG

He has a great set up and it would well compliment the Chaser Trailer Review.

A Liberty might be a sweet article too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior