A Little Different M416 Trailer Build

Modified the U-bolt Plates to a accept the polyurethane bump stops.
Also finished up welding and cleaning up the frame.
Left to do on the frame is:
- Weld frame portion of shock mounts.
- Weld expanded metal to deck.
After that I think it will be good to go the the powder coater.

Attachments

Last edited:
I laid out the brake cable to get an idea of how I am going to run it.
Anyone else relo their parking brake and cable or go with something completely different that works better/easier? Pics?
Just looking for ideas..

Attachments

QUESTION -
Picked up one of these today:
https://www.harborfreight.com/3500-lb-capacity-drop-leg-trailer-jack-3961.html
Used the 20% of coupon, not too bad of a deal.

I was going to install one on either side near the rear of the frame and use a tongue jack with a wheel near the front of the frame.
I think this will be fine and that I do not need one on all 4 corners of the frame.
Does anyone have the same setup up on their m416 or m100 and are 3 jacks fine or is one on each corner better for some reason?
I'm just thinking of stability with a rooftop tent, I want to avoid movement of the trailer while in the tent.

Ended up putting a round trailer jack receiver on each corner, made two from some 2inch tube I had. Now I can choose which corner(s) to put jack(s) on. I still have only 2 jacks, but pending on how it goes I may pick up two more.
Also bolted up the brackets I made for the Wrangler taillights. I am going to use some 97 Wrangler taillights I had laying around for now. If the lights end up getting destroyed down the road I may go with recessing LED's in the rear frame.
Now to set up some type of anti-sway bar that can be quick disconnected, there are several ideas I am thinking of, I'll see what happens. That will be the last step before the frame goes to the powder coater....

Attachments