A new '92-15 Ford E-Series/Econoline front bumper option

njtacoma

Explorer
You stated above that the frame horns stick out further on the earlier vans, but that is just in relation to the body right? The frames themselves are interchangeable between the years, it is just the redesign of the nose sticks further out over the same bumper ends, right? Or are there dimensional differences in the frame from 07 and earlier vs 08 and later vans?

If a person didn't care that the van would have the bumper sticking out further from the body, the brackets should be the same between the different styles of front end sheet metal wouldn't they? I'm not saying it would look good, just that it would be possible.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
You stated above that the frame horns stick out further on the earlier vans, but that is just in relation to the body right? The frames themselves are interchangeable between the years, it is just the redesign of the nose sticks further out over the same bumper ends, right? Or are there dimensional differences in the frame from 07 and earlier vs 08 and later vans?

If a person didn't care that the van would have the bumper sticking out further from the body, the brackets should be the same between the different styles of front end sheet metal wouldn't they? I'm not saying it would look good, just that it would be possible.

Frames are indeed the "same". There are minor differences due to design changes through the years but the frame horns are in the same place relative to the axle center line. The front sheet metal is just way different. There is a good 4" difference in the stick out of the mounts between my van and Jeremy's.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I think this looks great. I give you two coodoo's for taking this on and making it an option. As great as the other bumpers are and being an owner of aluminess in the past, I just wanted something different. I actually talked to ARB a couple of times about a year ago about the need to enter this market but they had no future plans to. I would have been all game for this if i had seen this a week ago. I just commissioned another bumper manufacturer to build me two bumpers with some personal tweaks. I will post more on those in a few weeks. But just wanted to voice my support for this, the few mods needed to mount on a E series after MG is finished with brackets still makes this a fantastic option for the DIY's.

Thanks much for your support GNTY. Sorry to hear I was a week late in this post, but I look forward to seeing your custom bumpers. Maybe Mark at Lite is building them?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Ok, thanks.

4" that would really add to the firetruck look on the front of a van.

Neil,

Yes, one could go with the "Pierce fire truck" look if one wanted. ;)
I've actually wanted to keep my bumper out a smidge to allow for a foothold on the bumper in front of the headlights, as currently I don't have that, and it's handy for washing windows or anything up on the front end.

-Jeremy

edeuce

Jeremy, really liked the look of stubby u had !! I liked it so much i made similar bumper from Rough Country Hybrid stubby. I think its simple and to the point. Your van is pretty AWESOME and nicely built.....

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Jeremy, really liked the look of stubby u had !! I liked it so much i made similar bumper from Rough Country Hybrid stubby. I think its simple and to the point. Your van is pretty AWESOME and nicely built.....

Thanks much edeuce! The Stubby has its place for sure--great approach angles, simple and to the point as you say. It is for sale(fully loaded) if anyone else is looking (already on PM regarding it).

edeuce

Ha, go fig !!! Man, that would have save me a broken hand !! LOL. 1/2'' eletric drill can b a Bit##!!!!!

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Wrapped up the mods on the ARB bumpers this weekend and they're headed to powder coating in the morning. You can see that the bumper on the left (for Jeremy's '07) had to be cut back a bit on the ends to match the fender well. The '08+ vans don't need this mod.

Here's a shot of the mounts for the '08+ vans.

Now the hard part... waiting a couple weeks to get these back from the powder coater....

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Bumper is on (was my delay--working too damn much with a 2nd location now);

IMG_7408.JPG

IMG_7431.JPG

SO impressed and pumped to have this on. It looks like it was made for the E-Series!!

HUGE kudos to MG and his skill with this modification. Hugely impressive.

Contact him for bumper adapter kits. :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior