A trip above the clouds in Shaat, Rakhyout, Dhofar, Oman (Arabian Peninsula)

Shanfari

DhofarX.com
Welcome!

This is a fresh trip on my fresh Patrol ^_^ I hope you like it! This place is about 90km away from home.

2-Sep-2016

Al Mughsail, Salalah, Dhofar, Oman

Then reached Shaat, Rakhyout, Dhofar, Oman

Everybody is excited with the first tour ^_^

Weather was great and clear, most of the time

Altitude is around 900-1000m

Shanfari

DhofarX.com

Then went to the other direction, to the cliff :) About ~940m high

Forskolin flowers, Plectranthus barbatus, also famously known as Coleus forskohlii. Known for its Forskolin extract for bodybuilding and fat burning

More pics and details later!

Really enjoy seeing pictures of other parts of the world, thank you for sharing. Looks like a real beautiful area, not what I have imagined to see on the Arabian Peninsula. But that's why we travel, albeit via armchair sometimes :)

Recommended books for Overlanding

Shanfari

DhofarX.com
Really enjoy seeing pictures of other parts of the world, thank you for sharing. Looks like a real beautiful area, not what I have imagined to see on the Arabian Peninsula. But that's why we travel, albeit via armchair sometimes :)
Thanks a lot! Still didn't finish all the photos of that day. If you love botany, then stick around ;)

Thanks for broadening our horizons! Keep the photos coming.
Yup, working on it ;) Thanks buddy!

Wow, it's very beautiful, i liked
And I like your presence ^_^ Especially that this is the first post of yours and you gave me the honor!

Shanfari

DhofarX.com
Continue! Pardon me if it's full of the my new patrol pics, but because some are interested in the shorty ^_^

Adenium dhofarense, a toxic, endemic succulent that's been described by my dear French buddy Alain Rzepecky in 2015

Plectranthus cylindraceus

Cairo morning glory, Ipomoea cairica

Blepharis dhofarensis

Dhofari Basil, Ocimum dhofarense

Whitcombe's Aloe, Aloe whitcombei

continue...

Shanfari

DhofarX.com
Red Makoi, Solanum nigrum. A tomato species that are edible, but needs to be ripe (red) otherwise it's mildly toxic.

Continue...

Then went down, some fog on the way

Continue...

Shanfari

DhofarX.com
Sterculia africana tree, very rare to find in the wild here

Then we reached sea level!

Then going back

+

Wild Balsam, Impatiens balsamina

Wild cucumber plants and luffa

And done! Maybe I didn't talk much, but tried to put you in action through the photos! Hope you like them and cheers to all of you ^_^

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
Great photos!

Are you familiar with the Oman Botanic Garden Project? They've already done a lot of work documenting and cultivating endemic plant species, but when the new Biomes and visitor centres open a lot of their work will be displayed for the public.

Recommended books for Overlanding