AC compressor reduction/replacement

andytruck

Observer
I like the idea of the electronic device to cut the power lower, but I dont want to be the first RVer to try it.
Been trying to come up with a way to use a window unit without much mods. I keep coming back to the door, which is at the rear.
I would have to reinforce the door frame on the hinge side, but I think is doable with minimal complaints. Of course door will open only 90 degrees with this. Trailer won't hit like it could if AC on either side of door.
Unfortunately door is not replaceable as the Roamer is hard enough to find as it is and out of business, but it is fiberglass and infinitely repairable.
Cut hole in door, put in smallest AC unit, done.
Other option would be under the floor behind the end of the truck, there is just enough room, but way more complicated, dirty, ducting needed and ducting not efficient.
Other option, next to the door, custom face-divider, ducting, trailer would be close in sharp turns, but would only need 4 inch round holes for ducting.
I like the door solution.
Anyone tried AC unit in a door?
I would really need a better door latch, I have to slam it for it to close and latch, so slamming not a good things to do with an AC in door.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Air Conditioner that works at High Altitudes on very little power.

Can also double as a "Groover" when needed.

CHEAP TOO!

andytruck

Observer
that doubles as a humidifier too. Now do I need to find a place for a deep freezer to make the ice?
You might be from the SW, but in the SE we call that "chrome", not duct tape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94