@Adrifters - F550 Surf Camper Build - Adrift Motorhome

S2DM

Adventurer
I’m not sure, I ordered it through a friend who has a flooring store and he did the order. The color is citron if that helps narrow down what it is.

I have a entry door Mat from them as well that has a very heavy duty backing. This is lighter, but still has a nice amount of cushioning underfoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

racer3822

Observer
Checked out the video, nice to see it all put together. Been following your thread for years now, great job with the build! Motivating me to get mine painted.

Lwing

Just read complete thread, great persistence to get where you need to be, glad your girlfriend stuck around for the 5 year build, that's a feat in itself.

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Most, most impressive. As a total composting toilet phanboi, l love your doorway installation, especially with the shower integration. Much better than anything I have ever dreamed up!

Lwing

Would you mind sharing what springs you ended up with and what was on there previously, about to start my subframe and it's pretty hard to find info on where to start. I'll have a 12' camper on an E450 just guessing around 5000lbs, and any info on thought process on how you figured out would be appreciated
Thanks

S2DM

Adventurer
Would you mind sharing what springs you ended up with and what was on there previously, about to start my subframe and it's pretty hard to find info on where to start. I'll have a 12' camper on an E450 just guessing around 5000lbs, and any info on thought process on how you figured out would be appreciated
Thanks

The fronts were a set of f250
Carlis I shaved 1” off of, that gave a final lift height on the front of 1.5”. Really smooth compared to stock. And the rears were a custom pack from deaver. I had to make a second set out of thicker steel as the first was undersized and ended up being too loose even after adding two leafs.

I’d get your final weight then do the spring packs so you have some real numbers for them. It’s still guess work and personal preference. While it was time consuming the deavers vastly improved the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S2DM

Adventurer
I think I've become a little overconfident in what the truck can do and it bit us on the way out. The day before we'd come in on an incredible narrow and steep cart path that would have challenged a tacoma and had my Mrs. covering her eyes. On the way out, through all the really hairy stuff, and 1 mile from the freeway, the road collapsed on us.

IMG_6863.jpg

Doesn't look that bad from this angle, but the truck was actively slipping and the angle was getting closer and closer to roll thirty. Managed to wedge a rock under the tire to stop the slip, but trying to manage something like this with a kiddo was pretty stressful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94