AEV Brute Double Cab

lbarcher

Adventurer
I think the 6x6 isn't that bad , it does appear to be on jack stands.

There are definitely more hideous things to be seen at SEMA.

bob91yj

Resident **************
I don't get the point of the 6x6...nothing about that is functional...I love the totally unsupported roof rack!

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Quote Originally Posted by Black_ZJ View Post
That 6x6 is just plain hideous!

Yes it is......Butt Ugly!:sombrero:

X-plorenow

Adventurer
I am often confused by the one or the other overlander or rock crawler monikers. While I fully understand and agree that both do exist separately, I also think that there is a separate subgroup in between. That is where I feel that I reside. I explore remote locations via overland methods. However I also like to access difficult trails, often when overlanding as well. Both because I enjoy it, and because my personal definition of exploration is the ability to reach hard to reach places, and not just by distance, but also terrain.

And my vehicle and modification decisions are in the middle as well. I also think that there is a compromise that can be achieved between capability, comfort, and efficiency that can allow you to do both.

I am an explorer and overlander at heart but many overlander's would call me a rock crawler due to some of my vehicle and trail choices.

Maybe we need a new category...or maybe I should just ignore them.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I am often confused by the one or the other overlander or rock crawler monikers. While I fully understand and agree that both do exist separately, I also think that there is a separate subgroup in between. That is where I feel that I reside. I explore remote locations via overland methods. However I also like to access difficult trails, often when overlanding as well. Both because I enjoy it, and because my personal definition of exploration is the ability to reach hard to reach places, and not just by distance, but also terrain.

And my vehicle and modification decisions are in the middle as well. I also think that there is a compromise that can be achieved between capability, comfort, and efficiency that can allow you to do both.

I am an explorer and overlander at heart but many overlander's would call me a rock crawler due to some of my vehicle and trail choices.

Maybe we need a new category...or maybe I should just ignore them.

I hear you mon frer. Perhaps

überschwieriglander, or

Extreme-overlander, maybe

浪人揚げ過ぎ (Overlander Ronin - JDM vehicles only), how about

Supremely-capable-overlander...

nah, you're right; just ignore them but never refuse their request to get them unstuck with your truck.:coffeedrink:

Last edited:

snydercj7

I believe some one was looking for an interior shot.

DSCN0160.jpg

haven

Expedition Leader
Re: rock crawler vs overlander, I think a truck has to have a license plate to be considered an overland vehicle. If the vehicle has to be carried on a trailer to the place where it will be used, it's not an overlander.

That doesn't mean the overland vehicle can't have rough terrain capabilities. For example:

Rock Crawler
rock-1.jpg

tacomatubebuggy2.jpg

Overlander

AEVBrute.jpg

scrambler-v8.jpg

innovation-hilux-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior