AEV Brute Kit Pricing Announced

CLynn85

Explorer
And it's more than I paid for my jeep. One day.....

Actually I think I have a legit reason, seeing as the rear of my tub is rusting and the front fenders are rusting and the hood is dented, this will replace all the bad sheet metal :ylsmoke:

http://aev-conversions.com/

chet

island Explorer
ya know 9 grand for what ya get isn't too bad. its priced high enough you would still have a fairly rare rig!

now i can see a 4 Door JK turning into a Brute but a 2 door? its like a compact pickup ? I think it looks cool but practical appplication ....

LUISJG

Explorer
chet said:
ya know 9 grand for what ya get isn't too bad. its priced high enough you would still have a fairly rare rig!

dont know seems real high over priced.

you can get a half hard top for 1000 dollars, and mounted on a 2 door unlimited and it will look preety close maybe better,,

detailbarn

Adventurer
this is a very cool kit and honestly reasonably priced considering all that it includes. I want to purchase the bed and make it a matching trailer for my unlimited. Hopefully AEV will sell me just the bed.

haven

Expedition Leader
estimated assembly time: 80 hours

The kit requires cutting and extending the Jeep frame in the area below the door, and after the rear wheels. "Honey, do you remember where I left my plasma cutter?" Definitely not a job for a driveway mechanic if you want the vehicle to track straight down the road afterwards.

I'm thinking that Jeep will produce a mini-pickup based on the Wrangler 4-door chassis by the 2008 model year -- just in time to receive a Bluetec V6 diesel. Then there will be little reason to consider the AES Brute.

Chip Haven

Wanderlusty

Explorer
There seems to be two distinct opinions about the pricing.

"That is way overpriced."

"That's not bad for all you get."

There is or was (can't remember the name) another company out there that offered a similar conversion kit for about the same and it was nowhere near as nice looking as the AEV, and didn't include as much stuff as the AEV kit does, so I would have to join the "priced right" crowd.

I have been all ready to sell my TJ to buy a JKU, but after seeing this kit, it makes me want to hold on to the TJ. If it comes down to keeping the TJ or getting the JK, I will get the JK.

But if I can find a way to hold on to the TJ, I would love to do the AEV kit.

The only thing I actually don't like is their new high roof. The original Brute was just a simple sleek lined hard top.

Scott Brady

Founder
These are stamped metal components. They need to pay for the form over a small population of buyers.

Price reasonable for the quality.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
There is a lot of money tied up in these kits. Now if I could just figure out how to get them to give one to me so I could "field test" the kit to ensure that all the parts are there, instructions make sense, and the whole thing is of good quality (you know, just so they are sure.....:elkgrin:)...

And you should never have to ask "honey, where did I leave the plazma cutter?", as it should have its own place in the garage (currently right next to old blue....).

Hey Scott, you wanna convince them that they should give me a kit so you can do a write up in Off Road?:box:

(for clarification::xxrotflma)

Last edited:
well, to be anything but perfectly frank, and I implore you not to share this with ANYONE but, you are good people and I like you all so......not to mention my pharmacuiticals are kicking in (i kid i kid) so pretty soon that means my girlfriends will too since I slipped her a rufie at dinner and she will be topless in no time :wings: but back to the point or until that happens, man do i get off on tangents way to easy, must be the anticipation for tonights instinctual nocturnal rituals that we will be performing but again enough about that back to the point ...... :suning:

I called the psychic hotline and they told me that in 2009 the 2003 Jeep wrangler series will be the car to have for young single adults :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne