AEV salta rims and free spin hubs

Explorerinil

Observer
One of the last projects on my truck is a set of free spin hubs, I have had dynatrac hubs before and recently ordered a set with warn premium hubs. I personally go out of the way to buy American made products and dynatrac is the only 100% US made kit, that’s why I got it over Yukon,EMS and spyntech. I’m sure someone will mention ram man inc hubs, they are nice but they are still a unit bearing and cost the same as dynatrac hubs.

Anyway I got the hubs ( thanks CJC Offroad), some redline cv2, some AAM HD 1550 u joints, so I’m ready to go. Does anyone have a set of AEV rims they modified the hub in to clear the warn hubs? I have not found the bore diameter on the AEV rims yet, do you know if it will clear the dynatrac hubs?

I’m sure someone somewhere cut up a set of AEV rims to fit a free spin hub conversion.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
One of the last projects on my truck is a set of free spin hubs, I have had dynatrac hubs before and recently ordered a set with warn premium hubs. I personally go out of the way to buy American made products and dynatrac is the only 100% US made kit, that’s why I got it over Yukon,EMS and spyntech. I’m sure someone will mention ram man inc hubs, they are nice but they are still a unit bearing and cost the same as dynatrac hubs.

Anyway I got the hubs ( thanks CJC Offroad), some redline cv2, some AAM HD 1550 u joints, so I’m ready to go. Does anyone have a set of AEV rims they modified the hub in to clear the warn hubs? I have not found the bore diameter on the AEV rims yet, do you know if it will clear the dynatrac hubs?

I’m sure someone somewhere cut up a set of AEV rims to fit a free spin hub conversion.
I asked the same question to CJC Offroad. No dice he said as the bore is really small. My friend has them on his '05 with stock hubs. Loves them. Perfect backspacing and a 1/2" wider wheel. When they first came out I asked AEV if they had plans for a bored out version and they said nope.

jerstw

Adventurer
Dave at AEV also did it on his camper build cab chassis those wheels were the 17X10’s. He did it to clear the rear hub on the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explorerinil

Observer
Update for those that are interested, looks like the hub bore on the AEV rims should be ok, based on internet research, but the center cap will just need to be cut. Next week I hope to pull a rim off and see if the hub will slide through it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94