AEV salta rims and free spin hubs

Ozymandias

Observer
Hello
I'm at the same point, I want these wheels but have the Dynas as well.
Ok cutting the center cap, and you did well.
But you didn't mentioned HOW you did it. Would you like to tell me?
Ozy

Explorerinil

Observer
Hello
I'm at the same point, I want these wheels but have the Dynas as well.
Ok cutting the center cap, and you did well.
But you didn't mentioned HOW you did it. Would you like to tell me?
Ozy
Hole saw and a dremel. I wouldn’t do this again, just get some rims that are open to allow for the hub. I ran into balance issues and was also worried about the integrity of the rim.

Ozymandias

Observer
Hole saw and a dremel. I wouldn’t do this again, just get some rims that are open to allow for the hub. I ran into balance issues and was also worried about the integrity of the rim.

Thanks a lot.
Problem is I searched around for a week now ad didn't found a decent rim, I want an offset that fits the Ram and a weight rating that matches the tires, I'm at 12000lbs already.
So I've to go that way. At least balancing isn't an issue as I run Centramatics..
Best would be a lathe to do it but that is wish thinking.
Could you post me a close up picture from the front where I can see how much you had to cut so I've a point to start from.
Ozy

Explorerinil

Observer
Thanks a lot.
Problem is I searched around for a week now ad didn't found a decent rim, I want an offset that fits the Ram and a weight rating that matches the tires, I'm at 12000lbs already.
So I've to go that way. At least balancing isn't an issue as I run Centramatics..
Best would be a lathe to do it but that is wish thinking.
Could you post me a close up picture from the front where I can see how much you had to cut so I've a point to start from.
Ozy
I went to a few shops with lathes, no one would touch the project due to “liability”, maby you’ll have luck. As far as the rims, CJC off-road has a raceline rim with the proper back spacing. Good luck!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Method Racing Wheels has some that should work for you
Yeah,they have some 18's in these. 4500# rated.

Ozymandias

Observer
I checked them so far out, but the Offset is always wrong, I don't want 0 or +18, I prefer it closer to stock and therefor at around +30.
And hub centric is a must for me.
Why don't they build proper wheels...

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
My CJC 315 17 x 8.5 Ram specific Methods rims are hub centric according to Cole there. They fit very tightly on the rear hub and front Dynatrac's.
Once again you're stuck with 3195# 17's though.
The 18 x 9's have the available 5.75 bs which hug the body quite well but I don't know if they are hub centric.

Ozymandias

Observer
Yeah,they have some 18's in these. 4500# rated.

I like these 18" rims, you are right about the tires, with the 17" im stuck with the Toyo open country MT as the only tire with a 125Li.

I just mailed to DPP if they can change my order.

Shame on me i ordered the Saltas BEFORE i asked in this thread as i was sure that there are no alternative rims are around.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Looks great! I figure once I have to do balljonts I’ll do the free spin kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s exactly what I did, well the other way around. When my unit hub bearing went out I bought the free spin kit and new ball joints from Dynatrac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior