Africa Overland in a classic Porsche 944

zeroland

Adventurer
Here is a recently completed Africa Overland journey in a classic Porsche 944.

AfricanPorsche-03_2323839k.jpgAfricanPorsche-10_2323838k.jpgAfricanPorsche-11_2323837k.jpg

The photos were originally published on the UK Telegraph website: Across Africa in a classic Porsche

The driver, Ben Coombs, created a few videos which I have linked to from my blog as his website (www.bencoombs.net) is currently down due to the huge interest his trip has generated. He has also written a book "Survival of the Quickest" which is available for the Kindle.

Very impressive!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Awesome. I hope it will inspire more and more people to break from the norm.

Maybe I'll take our Benz down...

AFSOC

Explorer
Here is a recently completed Africa Overland journey in a classic Porsche 944.

I didn't know African travel was possible without a diesel Toyota LC or a Land Rover :yikes:

I'm just as alarmed to find a lack of bullbar availability for the 944! How will I mount the winch?

Maybe we don't really need all the stuff we think we need?

scanny

Observer
Once I drove on a old uneven, rutted logging road with rocks here and there, few muddy places etc, so I was happy I got 4x4 and high clearance and cable puller I was going to use as a winch if I stuck bad . When I got to the lake I saw old Hyndai sedan parked there. I would never think of going in a car on that road, but apparently some people can drive cars where not all trucks could get ; )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier